arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If location of IP is Buffalo US and Datacenter Germany where is VPS located?[SOLVED]
(10-10-2018, 11:27 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: when you buy the vps you probably showed the location of the vps . that is probably where but for ip locaton it can be that the ip is owned by buffalo us location but the vps in germany . ir eally dont know . but before my post there are some explanation
I think you need to read the discussion completely before you respond as you missed quite a bit of important information.  The IP location is definitely Buffalo, NY. You can't change that, nor misread it - it is what it is - an IP from the US. If you do a speed test it will show as a speed test from Buffalo, NY US. The VPS content is in Germany with the DataCenter and there is an association with the DataCenter through their name servers - but it can't change the IP that is given - the geo location of the IP will always be the US.

Everything works OK except for the effect it may have on traffic - which is logical in a sense.  If you sign up with Contabo for a location in Germany, because your main traffic is in Germany, you may get a decrease in traffic if Contabo gave you a US IP.  If you check the article above that I quoted (link posted below again for convenience) - this happened to someone in the UK.  He was given a US IP at a UK Data Center.  He was very SEO focused and since signed up with a UK Data Center didn't expect an IP that would be US - he didn't think to check - until the traffic for his Website went down in the UK.  He then tested it and found (a) he was given a US IP (b) the traffic in the UK decreased and © the traffic in the US increased.  So traffic wise geo location of an IP does make a difference.  Here is a link to the UK blog article:
https://builtvisible.com/ip-location-search-results/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting