arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again, I am not sleeping!
(11-28-2018, 09:54 AM)deanhills Wrote: Aqualung - Jethro Tull is one of my favourites.  You did it real justice, although I do miss the voice of course.  You've definitely got talent though. I can't play the guitar myself but am a fan of classic rock. 

How about Locomotive Breath?  That was my absolute favourite of that album.

I also like Broadsword and the Beast.  Great artist for sure.   :cool:

We do Locomotive Breath in some of our set lists. I'm currently with a high-end, high-production cover band. We do things like fairs, festivals, and things like that. (I've got it pretty cushy and I was retired until these really excellent 'kids' came along and conned me into showing them how to make a living with their musicianship.)

When I say kids, the eldest is 35 and the youngest is 19. Most have been to music schools as a form of higher education, one is still in college to be a music teacher, etc...

Anyhow, Ian Anderson (he's the guy from Jethro Tull) is a hell of an artist. We have a flute player in the band. She plays a few instruments, but she plays flute. So, this is the first time in my life I've ever been in a band that could properly cover Tull. All my other bands just used a keyboard with the flute settings!

As you can tell, I'm VERY fond of faithful replication.

I have tons of stuff not uploaded and I'm not in my studio right now. I'm in my living room on my laptop. So, I'll let you hear the band (if you want), but it's not going to be Jethro Tull. LOL I don't have any edited out and uploaded.

https://instaud.io/2d2r

I suspect you'll enjoy that one. ;-) (Yes, that's me doing the lead vocals. No, I'm not as good as Freddy Mercury!)

So, that's what I do. I have a show this weekend, actually. I'm currently on crutches, so I'll do it from a chair. I know the audience, so they won't mind. I did one a couple of weeks ago from a wheelchair. (I broke a femur in a car accident.)

Do you play?
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!

Messages In This Thread
Once again, I am not sleeping! - by KGIII - 11-28-2018, 06:17 AM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by deanhills - 11-28-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by KGIII - 11-28-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by deanhills - 11-28-2018, 10:45 AM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by KGIII - 11-28-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by deanhills - 11-28-2018, 11:48 AM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by KGIII - 11-28-2018, 03:23 PM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by Kururin - 11-29-2018, 01:27 PM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by rudra - 11-29-2018, 02:09 PM
RE: Once again, I am not sleeping! - by KGIII - 11-29-2018, 09:29 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting