arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal? (48 failed login attempts)
(12-15-2018, 04:18 AM)rudra Wrote: what you probably mean is passwordless. anyway.
Yes.  That's what I meant.  

(12-15-2018, 04:18 AM)rudra Wrote: you could recover from that using vnc console from the control panel.
Haha .... I didn't know that.  Blush   I just checked up now and there is a Console in my control panel - to be used in emergencies only. OK, this is really good to know thanks.  

BTW this is what it looks like in my HostUS Breeze Panel: 

[Image: bIpMaSN.png]

(12-15-2018, 04:18 AM)rudra Wrote: also I believe it is better to use nano than vi for mortal creatures like us. if you want to learn it all then vi can be very helpful. otherwise it will always be more of a pain in the nether region. it has a very steep learning curve and takes lots of initial practice. also it is mainly good for people who type a lot. but wait.... I know someone like that. haha.. Steep learning curve... remember..
OK, now I feel MUCH better.  As VIM made me feel I'm more than dumb - as the commands always feel clumsy.  I've used nano before, but then thought maybe geeks are proficient with using vi as VIM seems to be the editor that appears in most tutorials and not Nano.  So maybe it's the other way round then.  Which is almost strange as with CentOS I have to load Nano, VIM comes pre-loaded.  Anyway, I've just installed Nano.  I now remember that all of the keys appear when one does the edits.  No need to really Google any of it.  This is indeed much much easier.  Thanks for the tip.  Cool

Just found a nice tutorial for it too:
https://www.linode.com/docs/tools-refere...-commands/
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this normal? (48 failed login attempts) - by deanhills - 12-15-2018, 09:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-21-2019, 10:21 AM
Last Post: hamed

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting