arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to check virtualization of VPS - OpenVZ or KVM
Apologies if this is common knowledge.  Tonight I learned for the first time how to check what the virtualization of my VPS is from the command line.  Contabo didn't list this with the specs of the VPS I signed up for - their promotion focus was the 100% SSD.  So checked around on the Internet, and after a little bit of searching found the commands below.

I use CentOS 7.0 - so for other distributions the installation commands will be more or less the same but different as well.

(for CentOS)
yum install imvirt

(for Debian)
sudo apt-get install virt-what

(I discovered I didn't need to install imvirt as it already was loaded with CentOS 7.0.)

Then enter the following command:

virt-what

This was my answer:

kvm

Guess I've got a little bit more respect for my VPS and Contabo.   Tongue

8GB RAM, 4 cores, 200 SSD, location Germany BUT Contabo VPS speed feels the same for me as my VPS 16 with 1 GB RAM and location in Los Angeles.  Connection speed of the Contabo VPS is only 200 Mbps. VPS 16 is 1Gbps But, speed tests show a different picture.  Guess the connection speed makes a really BIG difference! Tryp4VPS was correct in his assessment of Contabo VPSs with their low connection speed.  I'll do a review of the Contabo VPS at end of April - if time allows for it.

[Image: EWNNpbm.png]

[Image: OFO29P7.png]
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting