arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does "spamvertised website" mean and has this happened to any one else before?
(07-31-2019, 03:45 PM)deanhills Wrote: You've got an excellent point Kururin.  I have to rethink completely why I'm using WordPress and go for a much safer alternative.  Time for a change me thinks.  I've been doing it this way as maybe I've become lazy.  I spent a lot of effort to do courses, and am reasonably expert at WordPress.  So blogs come easy and effortless.  However, over the years the security of Websites has become more and more complex to the extent that the way WordPress works with external plugins and themes, the risk for being hacked has become much greater - easy has become expensive in a way.  I've just asked another shared hosting host to check my Website, and he told me the exact same thing.  I'm not the only one caught with this.  WordPress is just not a good option any more if you really want a safe setup.

That's why software like Jekyll exists. You don't need to do courses on them. Just read the documentation and it will flow to you automatically. It's really simple and I created a full-fledged blog with just command line to display my Political Science project on it back in High School. My teachers were really impressed as how clean and easy was it for me to change content or format my blog and commended me for just using Terminal. So I think you can use it pretty straightforwardly as well as now you have more experience with system administration and around web software and can pull it off.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does "spamvertised website" mean and has this happened to any one e... - by Kururin - 08-01-2019, 12:30 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting