arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does "spamvertised website" mean and has this happened to any one else before?
@Manal  Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  So now that is in the same time frame as mine.  And you probably also update your WP script and plugins as regularly as I do.  I wonder whether this has anything to do with the WP last update 5.2.2?

I must research this more and check whether any one else has reported it at the WordPress support forum.

What is interesting is when I uploaded my "test site" at another server, I had a serious issue to import the backup (with the All in One Migration plugin).  Eventually after a few tries, I found that it was because of the up to date version of WordPress that was incompatible with it.  Version 5.2.2.  Softaculous allows one to choose the version of WordPress one wants to load, and when I loaded an earlier version 4.9 something, everything worked fast and clean.

So can't help but wonder whether there are some gaps in 5.2.2 that allows for something to happen that will end up planting something in your Website.

If I may ask. How to you create WordPress installation? Do you do it from the command prompt, or with softaculous? And how do you update your scripts, plugins and themes?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does "spamvertised website" mean and has this happened to any one else before? - by deanhills - 08-01-2019, 03:33 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting