arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is our freedom of the Internet gone?
While talking about freedom of the internet, I am really feeling we are losing the real meaning of the term 'Freedom'. With such laws being propagated by the European government, its really confusing whether to share our details or not. I do understand that it's been done so that the companies know to whom are they selling their products. BUT... how do I know that the person, whom I am sharing my personal details with, doesn't have malicious intentions? How do I trust him?

As @LightDestory said, the malicious use of the splendid thing we've created is increasing day by day. A few days ago, one of my neighbours became a victim of phishing. He has lost INR 10000 which is around $140 dollars when he entered his card details into a legit-looking bank website.

I do agree that a part of these new legislations will be greately instrumental in controlling the increasing frauds, but there should be some measure for users to trust the company to whom they are revealing their details. Only then can this law be properly implemented.

@deanhills: As you are asking about Dark Web, you just have to configure your server to recieve Tor connections. Rest of it Tor itself will handle. After this there are lots of tutorials to instruct you how to setup forums there, where the governments laws cannot creep in.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is our freedom of the Internet gone? - by TrK - 08-09-2019, 09:34 AM
RE: Is our freedom of the Internet gone? - by Sn1F3rt - 08-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-29-2021, 10:35 PM
Last Post: hamed

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting