arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up a Ubuntu-CentOS Server from scratch: Remote Desktop Access & x2go
(09-01-2019, 02:53 PM)rudra Wrote: all fine and dandy. buut no android client !! that is bad.
If any of you guys know of any alternative or workaround to make it work on android, please let me know. Till then, vnc is the main option on android.

You are right, x2go is lacking of support for Android or iOS, but remember that NX protocol is very powerful compared to RFB. Moreover VNC isn't secure by default like x2go, when using VNC you need to tunnel your communication by yourself, meanwhile x2go uses SSH by default.

I agree with your complain about cross-platform support but let me explain why: x2go uses NX protocol with advanced libs for graphics and other features, so you must use official x2go client. According to x2go developers, their software uses these libs (not present on 3rd party clients) and authenticate via SSH in a particular way, so it is not compatible with other NX clients, such as NoMachine clients that is available for desktop and mobile OS.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ubuntu Server with XFCE & x2go - by Mashiro - 08-31-2019, 08:40 AM
RE: Ubuntu Server with XFCE & x2go - by rudra - 09-01-2019, 02:53 PM
RE: Ubuntu Server with XFCE & x2go - by LightDestory - 09-01-2019, 04:21 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting