arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing News for GitHub Student Developer Pack Holders
[Note: This thread had already been composer by me and saved in draft. But as @Kururin already mentioned it in @Gregol 's thread just for formality, this is an elaborative version of what he'd written]

Good news... Good news... Good news and even better news. So guys it'd been a very tough week as I'm preparing for my upcoming exams. Got some relief this Sunday otherwise I would have completed and published this thread earlier. I'm your Santa Claus for the day.. Thanks to GitHub!

So it happened that I was going through my GitHub Student Developer Pack offers a week ago. The first few offers were the usual ones I see. But while scrolling down, this caught my eye. There were around then new offers from various sponsors with whom GitHub had collaborated. Each offer was amazing in itself.

Among everything, I'd like to highlight this. As we all know, there was the NameCheap free .me domain offer already. NOW THERE ARE TWO MORE SUCH FREE DOMAIN OFFERS [b/]. They are from Name.com and Get.tech respectively. Both of them will now provide a year of free domain registration on eligible extensions. For Get.tech it's very obvious the extension is .tech . For Name.com here is the list of the [b]25 eligible extensions :

".BIKE
.CODES
.COMPANY
.COMPUTER
.CONSULTING
.DIGITAL
.EMAIL
.ENGINEER
.FAIL
.GAMES
.LIVE
.MEDIA
.NINJA
.ROCKS
.SOCIAL
.SOFTWARE
.STUDIO
.SYSTEMS
.TEAM
.TECHNOLOGY
.TOOLS
.VIDEO
.VISION
.WORKS
.WTF"

[Courtesy: https://www.name.com/partner/github-students]

So isn't this amazing! Three domains for a whole year, all for FREE. I bet you can't disagree.

In addition to this, there are a hell lot of other offers too. Another new one which I admire is the Terminus SSH Client for Desktop and Mobile. Anyways it's free for all, however, as a part of the GitHub Education Per
Programme we get ALL the features of the Terminus Pro Plan which costs $8.5 a month. That's till we remain a student.

Other new offers include PushBots, PomoDone, Phrase and lots more. See the full list here: https://education.github.com/pack/offers.

Personally, I'm very thankful to GitHub. The existing offers of AWS and Azure credits initially brought me into this VPS industry and enabled me to learn more about Linux Administration and eventually become proficient. This would have been otherwise impossible for me as I honestly cannot afford the prices for these services. A great thanks to GitHub from my side!

I'm sure all others involved with the GitHub Education Programme will after with me. Even if you're not, doesn't matter. No one can stop you from expressing your views. I've spoken enough about this - now it's your turn friends. Let me know what you think about this in the replies.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting