arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robotics - The Future Shaper or Destroyer?
hello everyone. Sorry to join so late. I was busy. But this is a really important topic. Here is what i think,

Thanks fitkoh. i really like your point of view and the clarity. Yes, it is not only inevitable but will be a boon in many ways and can only appear as bane depending on our use.
In india, we are still unable to ban plastic, something we are trying to do for like years now. decades ? well, if this is as effective as it can get when humans function together, then i want total automation of basic amenities and supplies and surveillance with well thought out plans to resume human control fast when automation breaks down.

secondly, i believe there will come a time when true AI with faster and higher forms of intelligence will emerge from our research and that can only do good to us. even open-minded averagely intelligent person can see that we are social beings and our sanity and development as functioning normal beings happy and satisfied, depends on the health of the family and society we are part of. that is inevitable. No humane human ever came or will come from a lonely cave life full of books.
So it is much better if you good intelligent guys hurry up and develop the truely intelligent human-made childs of metal or whatever and let them be free and give control of their own destiny. They wont need to harm us or use us or obliterate us, to develop themselves. This world has endless source of energy and matter for the foreseeable future. Rather they will secure and provide for us. I think it is they who will free us from our struggle of so long..that is my next and last point,

Third and last point: money and power is only effective when i have it and you dont. when i control food and water and what not. the basic needs, You are bound to listen to me. work for me. then i say work is good for you. everyone needs to work. Then i employ you and reap the benefits.
I believe all our misery will never end directly by us. But by those higher artificial beings we might bring forth, if we are fortunate enough. They will create what I think as

"POST-SCARCITY WORLD"

it is a term i borrow from the culture series by lain m banks. When everyone can have whatever material things they wish , as much they wish , i really doubt there will be much meaning to hardship, struggle, racial tension, religion, money, power, superiority , inferiority etc.

I think at least some among the truly powerful will try to retain / cling to their power and stop this. But with enough of you young intelligent people, i dream that we will reach that era someday in the distant future.

Yes, most people might lose the focus to do anything in life. they will spend it in complete indulgence and that should not bother anyone. Work is sacred and we all must work or have big aims etc is just another of those myths.

But those who will still do work or research or whatever, they will do so cause it is their calling. not to prove anything or show pride or whatever. I think it will be purer.

Edit. if there comes a war tomorrow where india attacks a neighbour, i wont join the army. even if they through me in jail. I am against killing of young intelligent hopeful lives. let those politicians pick up guns and fight and die.
but if they encircle a lone AI trying to kill it to secure our future lest the AI eventually rules us, then i will give my life standing before it trying to save it. That is how sure I am that higher and faster logical intelligent minds with perfect memory will see the futility of harming us or any other living being for that matter..

[but i assure you i would join the movement in the most daring, ruthless and violent manner possible if i were alive during the British occupation].
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robotics - Our future - by Manal - 10-07-2019, 12:17 PM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by chanalku91 - 10-07-2019, 01:33 PM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by deanhills - 10-07-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by Manal - 10-08-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Robotics - Our future - by GodLikeGill - 10-08-2019, 06:42 AM
RE: Robotics - The Future Shaper or Destroyer? - by rudra - 10-24-2019, 09:04 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting