arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10-12-2019, 02:03 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Is the permission setup correctly for the directory where the phpMyAdmin files are? It is important that the web server group and user owns the directory and files. I see you're using Nginx. Which OS? On Debian/Ubuntu the user and group is usually always "www-data". On different OSs it might be the say or you might be able to specify your own custom user or there might be another user and group.

If permission is not an issue I would suggest to take a careful look at the files. Nginx usually will display a 403 page when you have no index file inside a directory. Like if you don't have index.php/html or similar in a folder you will get a 403 in the web browser when you open that location.

How did you install phpMyAdmin by the way? Please don't tell me you installed it through your package manager. phpMyAdmin is a simple and portable script: you download the archive with the files, extract it, configure it and it's ready to use. Package managers usually install very old version and change quite a lot unnecessary configurations to access phpMyAdmin over the browser.

I am using Cent OS 7. I used the the terminal and followed a few tutorials on how to properly setup these services, but they were obviously out of date causing this to break. I installed Phpmyadmin but noticed it wasnt the newest, deleted it, reinstalled it, and have been encountering issues ever since.
Thank you Post4VPS and BladeNode for VPS 6
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Phpmyadmin - by Rzarcasm - 10-12-2019, 01:35 PM
RE: Phpmyadmin - by Mashiro - 10-12-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: Phpmyadmin - by Rzarcasm - 10-12-2019, 02:12 PM
RE: Phpmyadmin - by Mashiro - 10-12-2019, 02:23 PM
RE: Phpmyadmin - by Rzarcasm - 10-12-2019, 03:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting