arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running an IPv6-only VPS Gotchas!
(03-25-2020, 03:23 PM)rudra Wrote: Miredo code is old.
The question is does it implement RFC-4380 or not?.. Of course if the RFC is frozen and the technology is being slowly phased out due to an increasingly widespread deployment of IPv6, then there is no incentive in doing anything with the already existing code unless keeping its dependencies up-to-date, which is the case for miredo, hence it's still running and got the job done!

(03-25-2020, 03:23 PM)rudra Wrote: Windows has teredo client implementation inbuilt. can be set up from command line. did you know that ?
Of course!... Did you know that it's MS engineers that wrote the first draft of the Teredo protocol, in the first place ? :-)

Check this post:
https://post4vps.com/Thread-Up-to-3x-fre...4#pid34504

(03-25-2020, 03:23 PM)rudra Wrote: also Microsoft has free teredo servers in Seattle. many others provide that too.
I highly doubt that!.. I've only come across one that's still working, ie  teredo.remlab.net. But it would be nice if you provide some working examples of Teredo servers, M$'s or otherwise.

I think the majority has phased out their service.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
Running an IPv6-only VPS Gotchas! - by fChk - 03-25-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: Running an IPv6-only VPS Gotchas! - by rudra - 03-25-2020, 03:23 PM
RE: Running an IPv6-only VPS Gotchas! - by fChk - 03-25-2020, 04:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting