arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Anti-DDoS protection be a included feature?
(06-29-2020, 01:42 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: DDOS Protection, a protection from distributed Denial Of Service attacks!
This protection is very important if you are running a server, because if there is a DOS / DDOS attack, this system protects your server from the negative effects of this DDOS attack!

I have 1 VPS with DDOS protection, but sometimes it's not effective!

I have experienced this many times at least 5 times a week!
The way I complete this attack is,
1. Using VPS with large bandwidth with high port speed!
2. If a DDOS attack occurs, I usually analyze the attack and then block the attacker's IP!
But if the attack uses Proxy / Botnet I have prepared a Weapon that makes the attack go down significantly!
I only allow Non-Anonymity Traffic from Indonesia!
3. If the DDOS attack continues, I usually contact the VPS provider to notify them to investigate this attack as soon as possible!
My first experience lasted for an entire week and literally killed my little raspberry, I was hosting a little public service using a dedicated network. It was very massive and various, it was not a simple type. That time I was not aware of the exposing IP problem, so it likely scared me a lot. After that I read a lot of article regarding attacks and mitigations, but never had the chance to try them during an on-going attack.

My latest experience lasted for an entire month! I tried so much to handle and contain the attack but it has been all useless. Nothing I could do from my end helped to stop them.
Regarding your points, I have some questions:
  1. Regarding this, an user can't do nothing, the bandwith is fixed and it depends on the "contract" you signed with your provider, maybe you can ask for an increase of bandwith but nothing more;
  2. I tried shutting down the VPS, but the traffic still reached the provider's network and caused problems, well the VPS was uncovered by any protection and they detected an abnormal traffic;
  3. This is the only thing that I experience working so far;
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting