arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
default OS reinstall plan - kvm vps users
@rudra ... I followed a tutorial to install REAR and store the created ISO image on a server via NFS.

I can't outline the commands better myself, this tutorial does it all. https://www.linuxtechi.com/install-rear-...-7-rhel-7/ In fact all other tutorials outline how to create the ISO and store it on a USB, this is probably the only one which outlines use of NFS to create the backup and remotely store it. I've a shared SSH account on a server with a hell lot of storage from my friend, which ofc I use for storing bulky stuff and that's where this ISO image is stored too.

In case of a hardware or an SSH failure, all you have to do is boot from the custom ISO image that you will have. There will be a option for "REAR recovery" as the tutorial outlines, and you need to go for a automatic or manual backup depending whether you have the exactly same system configuration, or something different. I'd always go for the manual one, in case there's a need to. In our case, you just hand over this ISO image to the Admins here and they will do the rest.

Hope that helps! Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!

Messages In This Thread
RE: default OS reinstall plan - kvm vps users - by Sn1F3rt - 08-19-2020, 01:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting