arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
default OS reinstall plan - kvm vps users
@deanhills
Thank you for the information !!

I was doing some checks and found that VPS 18 and VPS 9 still using seabios version 0.5.1 .. that is like ancient !! I mean even ubuntu 14.04 lts repo has version 1.7.4

this seabios is the bios that gets loaded when a VPS loads up ( think of this as bios of the virtual pc ).

what this means is the KVM installs are probably horribly back dated and it seems their policy is 'dont touch until it breaks apart' Oh

In terms of latest hardware and software support, security and stability, updating the qemu and seabios binary etc are very very important. So I have no idea why it has been kept back. It is not like old system image wont boot on a newer updated qemu kvm .. no idea really..

But I hope that wont be a problem for what I want to do.. lets hope for the best..
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: default OS reinstall plan - kvm vps users - by rudra - 08-20-2020, 11:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting