arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheaper renewals at Namecheap?
(09-14-2020, 08:59 AM)ikk157 Wrote: As for namecheap providing .com domains for $8, sorry bud, porkbun has those for $4.15  Troll
It seems as though porkbun’s pricing is unbeatable haha (well as of the time of writing this at least).

But holly hell how did you manage the chaos of dealing with 25+ domains.... even the 12 you currently have is still a lot! What do you even use that many domains for? Crazy
$4.15 for a .com sounds like a steal. I've decided to work through my blogs from Thursday onwards, and who knows, maybe I'll purchase a new domain through porkbun. Should be fun to do after such a long time.

You're right. Having so many domains was chaotic. I use an Excel spreadsheet for my domains. Arranged by Name of domain, Registrar, Web Host, and Due Date of Renewal. I arrange it by due date. I'm more or less OK with renewing paid domains, but every now and then with Freenom, because it only gives you 2 weeks before the due date to renew, I've forgotten. Sometimes I then got lucky to reregister the Freenom domain, but have lost the odd domain that way. But since the Freenom domains aren't a big deal for me, I just get a new extension.

I'm aware of their business practices. I guess it makes sense as that is why the domains are given free. They want you to build traffic for them in exchange for getting it free. The part that is very unethical for me however is that friends of mine have built huge traffic, and then when this happened, they weren't given first choice in purchasing the domain. The domain just disappeared overnight without advance warning. So I'll never use a Freenom domain for a Website that may get traffic. I used to have a great number of Freenom domains at one stage. Think it was around 2014 when Freenom was dot.tk, that some bright spark decided to check through all domains. I then lost a few. That was the time when I noticed the greatest number of Forum discussions and complaints about their business practices. I also sent complaints to dot.tk as the domains they removed had been active. I didn't receive any responses. But since then complaints seem to have quitened a little. Also, I only have 3 Freenom domains now and make sure they are always online.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by deanhills - 09-13-2020, 02:10 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by sAmI - 09-13-2020, 02:14 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by deanhills - 09-13-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by ikk157 - 09-14-2020, 08:59 AM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by deanhills - 09-14-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by ikk157 - 09-14-2020, 04:59 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by Arkiven4 - 09-16-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by ikk157 - 09-13-2020, 07:49 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by chotu - 09-30-2020, 02:29 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by Sn1F3rt - 09-30-2020, 03:47 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by xdude - 09-30-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by chotu - 09-30-2020, 05:36 PM
RE: Cheaper renewals at Namecheap? - by deanhills - 09-30-2020, 06:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting