arrow_upward

[ADDED] Add vCPU number to VPS Plans
@deanhills

In quick bullet points:

> Splitting the discussion was a good idea; kudos for that.

> The idea of adding the vCPU spec to the VPS plans page is a no-brainer really and I don't think anyone here or elsewhere would say otherwise. The vCPU is one of the most important spec for any given VPS; its absence only suggests (implicity) that the said VPS has 1 vCPU, which is not the case for at least VPS-9 and VPS-5 (in the VPS Plan page.)

> To streamline the addition of the vCPU number for you, you just have to give it the value of 1 for all the VPSs except for VPS-9 and VPS-5 where its 2 (see their reviews for confirmation.) In the VPS reviews, vCPUs are often referred to as 'cores' but should be translated as vCPUs in the VPS Plan page.

> For VPS 14 (which started this whole conversation), I suspect that it has 4 vCPUs although the provider referred to them as 'Cores'; I just can't imagine otherwise. Most probably the topology is : sockets-1 cores-2 threads-2 (1 * 2 * 2 = 4 shared threads = 4 vCPUs) but we have to wait for confirmation either by the provider or the next VPS holder.

> The thing here, @deanhills, is that if the vCPU number was featured among the specs included in the VPS Plan, all the VPS providers/sponsors would have given you that number when they proposed the sponsorship along with the RAM, storage etc... And as long as you don't feature it there it will remain an unknown till the review stage, as is the case now.

> As for me, I won't apply this time around and I'll wait for a VPS on par with VPS-9 but with more CPU power; hoping that it won't be a 'Waiting for Godot' kind of thing :-)

Sorry for the extra work that you went through, I know that sucks :-)

Edited to fix few flagrant grammar and spelling mistakes :-)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by deanhills - 09-27-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by deanhills - 10-01-2020, 06:42 PM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by tryp4vps - 10-02-2020, 09:01 AM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by fChk - 10-02-2020, 04:10 AM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by fChk - 03-06-2021, 07:50 AM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by deanhills - 03-07-2021, 06:23 AM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by fChk - 03-12-2021, 05:03 AM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by ikk157 - 10-02-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by Sn1F3rt - 10-03-2020, 10:01 AM
RE: Add vCPU number to VPS Plans - by deanhills - 03-12-2021, 11:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-24-2021, 08:57 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting