arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on iPhones
My main gripe about iphone is Apple CONTROL.  Right from the moment you open the phone you have to register an Apple account first.  Then Apple actually gets to control the content of your phone. If you want to update it you have to sign into your account first. I've heard horror stories about people who thought they owned the music on their phone, until Apple decided NOT.  So that is my beef number one. BIG BROTHER ownership.

Two.  I suffer from reverse snobbery.  Like for me iphone is a status symbol that those who are wealthy, or wish to be exclusive, or want to say "I own an iphone" have.  An elite type of club.  Most professionals go for iphone as I'm sure the price gives them the illusion of a "better product".  They buy into that false imagery. Professionals like it because they can marry all of their Apple devices under one wonderful Apple account. And synchronize them all.  And keep them nice and safe and secure under Apple control.  Top Apple security - mostly by keeping the owners under Apple control!  Tongue

Three.  Apple likes to get the wealthy iphone club to keep spending more money as regularly as they can regardless of the damage it's doing to the environment. New models are brought out much more frequently than really necessary, and Apple likes to make the older models redundant so as to get their loyal followers to buy into upgraded models. By forcing upgrades of the Apple OS (that are designed to work with much higher spec new Apple phones) to put extra pressure on older phone batteries.  There are some users who can keep iphones for a long while, but most of those in the snob class like to keep up with latest models.  For me it's an awesome waste of good money.  Also it contributes to massive environmental pollution with Apple hardware that are made redundant long before they should be.  If Apple is really concerned about environmental pollution and care about the purses of their loyal supporters, they will try and make sure that the OS upgrades work well with older phones as well.  But there you have it.  Apple is a very large public company that answers to hungry share holders who want Apple to make huge profits regardless.  All they care about is to get your more wealthy to spend as much money as possible.

Four.  In my experience once one has been into the freedom of Android, one can't really change to the restrictions of Apple, and also the other way round, once someone has got used to Apple, they can't change to Android - they've become too much used to living in an Apple controlled environment.

For me I prefer Android as there is much MUCH less control from Google than there is from Apple.  I can basically go right through my Android settings and do my own thing (have a choice in the matter) without Google prompting me not to do this that or the other.  There is also a much larger choice of phones than there is with iphone. You can still find Android phones with Jacks for headphones, if you wish to have that.  You can write down a list of your dream phone specs, and if you do your research long enough, you'd probably get all of the boxes ticked, even the ones you hadn't thought about, when you research all of the Android phones that are avbailable out there. Like it is much MUCH more fun.  Also, because most of the Android phones are more affordable, one can afford to have more than one phone to play with.  And if one is an app geek, one can take the phones apart, unlock them, reprogram them, and even teach oneself to develop apps.  

For me Android is a phone for developers, creators, geeks, who want to change the world, whereas Apple iphone is an exclusive and expensive "finished product" (and status symbol) completely controlled by Apple.  Right down to not being allowed to load the OS on any other device, except an Apple device. No tampering allowed. Now where's the fun then of owning an Apple iPhone?  Maybe I've missed something?  And is it really that good?  I tried it out on an experimental basis in 2016, by purchasing 2 second hand Apple phones and comparing them with an equivalent Samsung phone, and Samsung won all the way.  Particularly on battery life, but also many other categories. The moment I started using Apple I was irritated with it.  Battery was first irritation - it took a much longer time to charge than the Samsung equivalent and battery drained much faster. I took both Apple phones to an Apple authorized dealer to check the batteries.  They thought the batteries were OK, but reason they were lagging is that it was time for me to upgrade the phones.  Surprise suprise!  They suggested I visit (make an appointment) with an Apple approved dealer to trade up the Apple phones.  But most of all Apple felt so controlled and limited compared with Android.  Like for me the difference is night and day.  But OK, I guess each to their own.  Different horses different courses.  Some like Apple.  I prefer Android (for now).  For all of the above reasons.

In the end I purchased a Sony Xperia X because I've always loved Sony screens and the colors are awesome. I could afford the phone. I've been going strong with Sony Xperia X up to now and from feedback from other Sony Xperia X owners, it's the kind of phone you keep for a long while.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Opinion on iPhones - by sAmI - 10-21-2020, 04:11 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by xdude - 10-21-2020, 04:47 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by tbelldesignco - 10-21-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by OldMeister - 10-21-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by deanhills - 10-21-2020, 10:57 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by sAmI - 10-22-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by deanhills - 10-23-2020, 05:04 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by sagher - 10-23-2020, 05:30 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by deanhills - 10-24-2020, 05:16 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by tiwil - 10-22-2020, 02:05 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by sagher - 10-22-2020, 05:18 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by Pacific Spirit - 10-25-2020, 11:46 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by sAmI - 10-25-2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by tryp4vps - 10-27-2020, 03:51 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by sAmI - 10-27-2020, 09:13 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by tryp4vps - 10-28-2020, 08:30 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by deanhills - 10-28-2020, 08:45 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by sAmI - 10-30-2020, 07:43 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by tryp4vps - 10-30-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by Honey - 10-25-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by LightDestory - 10-26-2020, 11:31 AM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by sAmI - 10-26-2020, 04:59 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by Honey - 10-27-2020, 01:38 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by tbelldesignco - 10-27-2020, 02:28 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by noahthewindowsguy - 10-31-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by Mashiro - 10-31-2020, 03:27 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by tbelldesignco - 11-06-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Opinion on iPhones - by xdude - 11-19-2020, 03:47 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting