arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
database: networking and security
I spent some time researching and was able to find some ready-made tools to serve my purpose.

I found a plugin called "Participation Database" which was perfect for what I what I was trying to do. It's made for Volunteer programs, but from what I've seen it's more like a more user friendly and less powerful version of phpmyadmin. It creates a table in the database and allows you to add columns and rows and allows you to set data properties for each field, and you can set groups for organizing and displaying your rows and columns. It's integrated with a separate userbase system with user signup and email confirmation. Each user is assigned a random token and logged with an ip, which is what I'll use as the keys for transmitting data. What I really like about this set up is there's never any private data transmitted over the internet: just a random token and the users ip, which is public anyways.

I used a membership plugin "Simple Wordpress Membership" to hide the sign up page and user profile page from visitors who are not logged in. So, in order to get a token, a person must
1. be logged into the website
2. be registered for the game
3. request and read email to receive code.

My last step will be to set up a cron script to change the random codes on a schedule, and finally revise my php scripts to use the new login protocols.

Other than that I'll need some extensive testing to determine appropriate rulesĀ  to add to fail2ban to help ward off cheaters.

Messages In This Thread
database: networking and security - by fitkoh - 11-19-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: database: networking and security - by fitkoh - 11-20-2020, 08:53 PM
RE: database: networking and security - by fChk - 11-21-2020, 06:48 AM
RE: database: networking and security - by fitkoh - 11-21-2020, 08:40 AM
RE: database: networking and security - by fChk - 11-21-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: database: networking and security - by fitkoh - 11-24-2020, 05:47 PM
RE: database: networking and security - by fChk - 11-26-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: database: networking and security - by fitkoh - 11-26-2020, 04:48 PM
RE: database: networking and security - by fChk - 11-28-2020, 06:59 AM
RE: database: networking and security - by fitkoh - 11-28-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: database: networking and security - by fChk - 12-04-2020, 10:00 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting