arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one with experience - scraping WP site from Wayback Machine?
(12-11-2020, 09:23 PM)fitkoh Wrote: https://archivarix.com/en/ - another paid service, but this one gives you the first 200 files free and an additional .005$USD for each additional file. Same disclaimer as above.

I like the above service very much and have recommended the guy to go for it.  When I checked in at Gigarocket earlier on there was a PM from our guy.  He provided me with his e-mail address, as his previous address was the domain that is no longer working for him since the hosting stopped.  But interesting when I sent an e-mail to him from yahoo it got blocked.  I guess there must be a ban from the States as in the block it said "due to security concerns".  

Anyway, I was able to zip the materials I've already collected and post it to my new cpanel hosting account, so hopefully that won't be blocked either.  The hosting is from Sri Lanka.  Hopefully they're friendlier with Iran.   Tongue

I then recommended to the guy to use archivarix as tonight I studied through it too.  For 10$ you get all the materials nicely cleaned up, PLUS software to search through them and edit them.  When I tried to work through all the files from the Github wayback downloader it was tedious.  Like most of the files are in single folders - a folder per every file.  The archivarix services cleans all of that up, and also make them searchable.  For 10$ I think it is well worth it.

@tbelldesignco  I had a look at the Github scraper download method, I think it's going to be very much the same as the other one I already used.  I think I'm a bit exhausted and want to move on to a next project.  I've come to the end of the road with my WayBack Machine project.  It was a very interesting learning curve.  I may just one day try and download a site from the WayBack Machine for the fun of it to try out archivarix. Thinking about this, this may be a lucrative way to create source materials for new websites.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting