arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving SEO of Post4VPS
Wow!  This is turning into a brilliant discussion.  Thank you in particular to @fitkoh and @xdude.  I'm particularly blown away by your simple suggestions.  Like doing the keyword search, and then checking up on the results for comments.  How simple, yet at the same time brilliant too.  We often look for solutions along more complicated lines.  But yes, this makes sense, particularly with how Google works as well.

(12-15-2020, 02:48 PM)fitkoh Wrote: It was a little frustrating; I'm amazed at the number of fake sites that rank high on google. Sites where things are broken. Brand new pages not a month old already ranking at the top of the pages. There has to be a piece of the puzzle I don't understand... I don't get how a page created Dec 2 can already be beating out so many others. I thought ranking took time, a lot of it; but apparently I'm wrong. Like everyone BUT google knows that woomhost and alavps and the like are fake. How have these fake sites been able to consistently stay ahead of algo changes for so many years, and a good site like post4vps goes unnoticed?
Me too @fitkoh except I'm not amazed, I'm very irritated with this, particularly when the dudd search results are ranked high in the list. Guess those sites had some SEO employed.

(12-12-2020, 01:06 AM)xdude Wrote: Having a free shared hosting service is a good idea too. With limited resources with a chance to upgrade into Sponsors paid hosting with a good discount. I don't think Post4VPS staff can do it and better use the sponsor method for that too if sponsors are willing. Otherwise it could be way too much work for staff. Plus it needs an cPanel license. Sponsors already have these and providing few shared accounts is more economical and cheaper for them too.
Does it have to be cPanel though?  @fitkohreated a service that makes a very good statement for how good cyberpanel really is.  Like it's in my opinion much better.  I probably need to create a topic about this elsewhere or find one that is more relevant for this point, but just to comment on the above statement. It could be good not to use cpanel shared hosting.  To be honest one doesn't really need cpanel hosting.

(12-12-2020, 08:14 AM)fChk Wrote: As I previously stated: content is king; without it SEO won't help much. What this forum needs is content generators which may trigger further discussions and so on in an upward spiral (generating more forum activity, more traffic, more sponsors exposure and potentially more positive fallout for the service as a whole.) The quality content will get indexed and search engines will send you the AdHoc audience looking for it without needing any SEO optimization gimmickry.
I think every one agrees content is king, however if one checks the search results there are always  results that get to the top that have rubbish content and should not be there (irritatingly so).  So there is something to be said for SEO techniques that get Websites, that don't necessarily have very good content to the top of the results.

I like @xdude's suggestion of searching on keywords applicable to post4vps and then trying to beat the system at its own game.  It's simple and doable.  And that those keywords should be what people who use Google want vs what we want.  Like free VPS vs post4vps.  Visually too the post4vps at first glance has no meaning either - nothing talks to you - maybe one could think of changing the name?    FreeVPS instead of post4vps?  Probably a little dishonest but not many people who venture into free hosting and VPS specifically think of post4vps.  They think of getting a free VPS.  They want a VPS that is reliable, fast, and can be used for games.  I think that is a good SEO direction to move into.

The suggestion by xdude about having YoutuBe content is also a good one. Wish we could do that, but it probably will be very labour intensive. Someone who likes doing something like that would need to do it. But if it could be done, it could work for us. We could run a competition for posting videos, and the one that is the best one gets a month off posts. Runner up gets 10 posts off. Something along those lines.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-11-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-12-2020, 01:06 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fChk - 12-12-2020, 08:14 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-12-2020, 09:24 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fChk - 12-12-2020, 10:59 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-12-2020, 11:45 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fChk - 12-12-2020, 02:11 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-12-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-12-2020, 06:13 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-14-2020, 06:34 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-14-2020, 05:20 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tryp4vps - 12-15-2020, 09:05 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tiwil - 12-16-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-15-2020, 09:39 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by fitkoh - 12-15-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by deanhills - 12-16-2020, 05:00 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tryp4vps - 12-17-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-16-2020, 06:21 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by xdude - 12-23-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tryp4vps - 12-24-2020, 06:51 AM
RE: Improving SEO of Post4VPS - by tbelldesignco - 12-23-2020, 03:45 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting