arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cyberpanel + webmin = fastest web server ever
(12-13-2020, 01:57 AM)fitkoh Wrote: So what I did as an experiment, just to see how it would perform, was set up in webmin a remote database for my cyberpanel installation, making sure to set user and database permissions so the db server can only be accessed from the web server.  I then did a custom install of cyberpanel, leaving out the services I can offload (dns, FTP, email). What I found at the end was the best of both worlds.

All I can say at this point is WOW. OpenLightSpeed Web Server, left doing nothing but serving web pages, with another nearby server handling database queries, moves remarkably fast. Like spooky fast. Ludicrous speed. I knew as soon as I installed wordpress and started looking through themes and plugins I was on to something. I haven't ever seen wordpress move that way on a remote server. It's almost as fast a local install.

The backend for cyberpanel, with a standard install, isn't bad. It pretty peppy, and won't leave you twiddling your thumbs. With remote database implemented on the same node, it's about twice as fast.
Having 2 VPSs on the same node is indeed quite an opportunity for experimentation. I recall having the same opportunity but with RedHat's OpenShift containers once.

I tried to mentally follow your setup but didn't quite get it. It would seem that you've just dedicated one VPS to be the database server; did I get that right?.. If so, can you give us the specs of that VPS.

Overall, it would be nice to document in more technical details the whole setup (may be as a tutorial instead of a follow-up post?), detailing what's hosted on each vps, the specs of each one of them, the ping between the two, the traceroute path (which should contain 1 hop to the datacenter router) etc...
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: cyberpanel + webmin = fastest web server ever - by fChk - 12-13-2020, 06:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-09-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting