arrow_upward

Poll: Which part of VPS matter the most for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CPU vCore count
25.00%
RAM amount
33.33%
Storage amount and technology
8.33%
Network speed
33.33%
Total
12 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which specification of VPS matter the most for you?
Great topic @LightDestory.  

For me location is most important, as location determines latency and connection speed of the VPS.  If your ISP doesn't have a smooth communication with your VPS location, then nothing else will be meaningful at all, you won't be able to benefit from the VPS specs.  So first thing I do when I look at a VPS is to look for an IP to ping for and to see the connection speed and latency with which my ISP deals with the VPS IP.

Next would be reliability and uptime.  I would investigate the VPS provider for it.  Look for reviews.  If there are no reviews, then I'll drop the VPS.  If there are few reviews only, and they are all very good, then I'll drop it too.  The provider must have been around long enough for a mix of reviews.  Such as Virmach.  I have to be convinced it's a good provider, that is going to be around for a while, and I can trust for reliability of service and uptime.  So after Latency and connection speed, reliability of the provider and uptime are most important.

Next I look at the specs, vs the budget I can afford and am willing to pay.  If it's a very good VPS provider, then I'm sure their most basic specs will be OK for me.  Basic for me is 1-2 GB RAM and 10 GB disk space. I also look at the availability of a really good panel, and ability to expand my specs as needed. Easily. Security is also important. One can usually pick up on this in the reviews, but there should be info on the VPS Website about the security software and protocols it is following.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting