arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does it work? VPS speed increases from one OS Version to another?
Thanks @Mashiro  I get it now.  Like with myVestaCP of dpeca's, his panel script must have been upgraded too - everything involved with Debian 10 and that has been written for Debian 10 must be on a higher level.

At any rate, it's been a powerful lesson to upgrade Debian 8 to 10 from the command line.  I've never done this before.  I never expected it to be as simple either.  Or with such a meaningful difference in speed and performance.

(05-17-2021, 09:43 AM)sagher Wrote: @deanhills : i have so question.
Can i use this command on my VPS-9 ?
Is this a soft upgradation command which remains all my custom programs and settings, or convert into fresh copy with zero updates.
my basic Running programs are in
/etc
/var
/usr
is this all directories still remains or all OS back to fresh?

@sagher I'd be careful if I were you as you have content on your VPS.  I did the upgrade without any content on my VPS.  Maybe we should ask @Mashiro's advice what the effect can be if you have content on your VPS.

(05-17-2021, 09:44 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Hello may I know when you say VPS speed increases, what kind of speed parameter(s) you are referring to?

I mean network speed, disk speed, or what else?

Normally a fresh install of an OS should run faster than the previous one you have used for some period of time. Smile

I didn't do a technical analysis of the speed before I started the upgrade.  So I can't really compare stats other than my experience with loading VestaCP on Debian 8 and running a WordPress installation on it.  The speed was not slow when I downloaded themes and plugins and uploaded pages and posts.  But with the same installation on Debian 9 and Debian 10, the plugins uploaded noticeably faster.   In absence of real corroborating data, the speed could easily be due to different factors of course as Mashiro also suggested.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting