arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy phpMyAdmin Installation On Linux
(05-27-2021, 06:16 AM)Mashiro Wrote: @sagher

Given the error message I assume that you didn't follow this tutorial and installed phpMyAdmin using a different installation method? Anyway.

Method #1

Open your config.inc.php phpMyAdmin configuration file inside your phpMyAdmin installation folder.

Find the following code block:

Comment this whole code block by adding "//" at the beginning of every line that belongs to the code block. So it looks like in the quote above.

Save the file, reload phpMyAdmin and the error should be gone.

Method #2

Fix the actual issue with your control user.

The configuration of the phpMyAdmin control user is above. There you need to provide MySQL login information for a simple user that has access to a phpMyAdmin control database. That control database needs to be created using a specific schema provided by phpMyAdmin somewhere in its files.

Everything can be configured in the code block that you see in method #1.

Not sure how up-to-date this reply is but it is basically what you need to do: https://stackoverflow.com/a/11506495

My two cents: method #1 is the easier way. The whole phpMyAdmin control user and database is by default disabled anyway when you just install phpMyAdmin straight from the source using my guide. phpMyAdmin works without this feature being enabled.

If i reinstall the package by giving your command lines. then is this automatically fix the errors or i go for the manual edit methods? 
i dont need mariadb because the database which i like to run is based on mysql.
i have php 7.0 and php 7.2, 
and mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.34, for Linux (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper 
and a user created as a root user in mysql of phpmyadmin. 
i wish to ask about database files. if i reinstall phpmyadmin then all connected files users databases are gone. right?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy phpMyAdmin Installation On Linux - by sagher - 05-28-2021, 07:24 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting