arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to create a bootable USB
Exclamation 
Hello Friends, I hope everybody is fine.I need help.I am trying to create a bootable usb.i tried different software's but unable to create a bootable usb.I searched at google about bootable usb.i found a tutorial on microsoft website.but when i try to give boot to computer. It start installed windows. Please help me.
Tutorial which i tried.
Insert a USB flash drive into a running computer.
Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
Type diskpart.
In the new command line window that opens, to determine the USB flash drive number or drive letter, at the command prompt, type list disk, and then click ENTER. The list disk command displays all the disks on the computer. Note the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive.
At the command prompt, type select disk <X>, where X is the drive number or drive letter of the USB flash drive, and then click ENTER.
Type clean, and the click ENTER. This command deletes all data from the USB flash drive.
To create a new primary partition on the USB flash drive, type create part pri, and then click ENTER.
To select the partition that you just created, type select part 1, and then click ENTER.
To format the partition, type format fs=ntfs quick, and then click ENTER.
Type active, and then click ENTER.
Type exit, and then click ENTER.
When you finish preparing your custom image, save it to the root of the USB flash drive.
I've done this before, you don't even need to do much, there are programs available which do it for you but you need to format the usb to make it bootable.

Try using Rufus
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Oh thanks
but i found another software.its name is yumi.Its working well for me.
You can download PowerIOS https://www.poweriso.com/ it has a function to make a bootable usb and its easy to used.
(04-18-2017, 09:18 PM)Vuluts Wrote: You can download PowerIOS https://www.poweriso.com/ it has a function to make a bootable usb and its easy to used.

PowerISO such a great software. but quit slow in regular uses. so do a alternate of WinRAR.
Nero also provide now Bootable Flash burning. after CD,DVD burning.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Rufus and diskpart method work for me flawlessly . rufus can also used to install linux i use it to install ubuntu succesfully but i cannot install kali linux because it is require to use cd instead of usb flash drive
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(04-23-2017, 06:57 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Rufus and diskpart method work for me flawlessly . rufus can also used to install linux i use it to install ubuntu succesfully but i cannot install kali linux because it is require to use cd instead of usb flash drive

Indeed Rufus is one of the best softwares for making bootables CDs/USB Sticks, I remember installing Kali Linux with it before I think you should check Youtube you'll find some good tutorials there.
(04-23-2017, 04:54 PM)Hawkz Wrote: Indeed Rufus is one of the best softwares for making bootables CDs/USB Sticks, I remember installing Kali Linux with it before I think you should check Youtube you'll find some good tutorials there.

for me when i plug the flahs drive it boot normally but when i want to install it it say insert cd rom and something like that
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
@humanpuff69 i think if you want to enter os installer you must boot to boot menu option and choose your flash drive
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
bootable usb >

https://unetbootin.github.io/
easy download linux or use pre downloaded iso.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting