arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here using ssd disk in your pc/laptop? I recently bought one and now I wait for shipment. Do you have any tips how should I care about it, to keep it in good condition for long time?
I use SSD for about three years now. If you use old operating systems such as Windows XP, then you have to collect garbage manually if your SSD doesn't have this feature built-in. If you use a modern OS, Linux or Windows then you don't have to worry about nothing. These OS can handle SSD very well and you don't even have to defrag it like to old HDDs.

But reinstall your OS, and do not copy it from your old HDD!
unfortunately im still using a traditional hard disk drive but if i got a money probably i will spent it for ssd because my pc is slow as hell and i see it is because of high hard drive activity .maybe if i put ssd in it it will make that faster . btw ssd only reduce loading time . ssd will probably not increase computation performance . it only will help it .

what do you think ? leave comment below
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Just use an SSD as it is. Make sure you get a decent one so you can use it for longer. Look for higher "TBW".

@humanpuff69 it will only help with IO related tasks. SSDs aren't an instant performance boost for everything.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
(04-16-2017, 11:42 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: unfortunately im still using a traditional hard disk drive but if i got a money probably i will spent it for ssd because my pc is slow as hell and i see it is because of high hard drive activity .maybe if i put ssd in it it will make that faster . btw ssd only reduce loading time . ssd will probably not increase computation performance . it only will help it .

what do you think ? leave comment below

It will faster your PCs bootup time also your programs and websites will load faster. 
But you still need to upgrade your RAM, CPU and GPU too if you'd like to get overall a faster PC.
I use SSD in a 5 years old notebook with i3 CPU and integrated graphics card and it became faster in accessing small files.
That is because SSD have less latency and delay and also SSD have much much better random readwrite than hard drive . that is why microsoft introduce ReadyBoost in windows vista to use flash drive as cache because nand flash that is used on ssd and flash drive have a great random readwrite so readyboost work by giving the random readwrite work to flash drive .

SSD also much durable than hard drive because nand flash is not a moving part . but hard drive have a platter that move back and forth to read data . and i think SSD is the future of everything . nowdays all smartphone and most laptop have nand flash in it . not only that but hard drive is coming to bottleneck . hard drive capacity in the future probably cannot be much bigger again but for ssd nand flash there are still upgrade path like 3D nand that can make a 16TB SSD but the hard drive still in 10TB . and SSD nand flash price also going down i think just like desktop vs mobile . hdd only will be used for backing up (because of cheaper price) just like tape (i forget what the name is tape interface is but it is mostly used in bussines) and for cloud storage . for consumer and even enthusiast SSD will be much better

SSD will pretty much replace Hard drive in my opinion more than smartphone replace desktop because the reason to go hard drive nowdays is just cheaper and as i said in the future ssd price probably near hard drive now price

what your opinion about SSD replacing hard rive . leave your comment below
Terminal
May I ask how much size your SSD is? coz mine I was using only a 120GB Sandisk SSD and to give a care for it I only use it as OS and installed applications and my old HDD is for storage.
my ssd size is 0 . because i dont have any ssd

well if you mean drive that is solid state that doesnt have any moving part . ram and flash drive is technically an ssd so my pc have 6gb + my laptop 2gb + my flash drive is 16gb that mean i have 24gb of ssd

right?
Terminal
(04-16-2017, 11:37 AM)Dudi Wrote: I use SSD for about three years now. If you use old operating systems such as Windows XP, then you have to collect garbage manually if your SSD doesn't have this feature built-in. If you use a modern OS, Linux or Windows then you don't have to worry about nothing. These OS can handle SSD very well and you don't even have to defrag it like to old HDDs.

But reinstall your OS, and do not copy it from your old HDD!

I've installed fresh Windows 10, I wanted to copy partition but it was too big and now I have only OS on SSD disk.

(04-18-2017, 08:52 PM)Vuluts Wrote: May I ask how much size your SSD is? coz mine I was using only a 120GB Sandisk SSD and to give a care for it I only use it as OS and installed applications and my old HDD is for storage.

120GB HyperX FURY

(04-19-2017, 09:07 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: my ssd size is 0 . because i dont have any ssd

well if you mean drive that is solid state that doesnt have any moving part . ram and flash drive is technically an ssd so my pc have 6gb + my laptop 2gb + my flash drive is 16gb that mean i have 24gb of ssd

right?

It's possible to use RAM as disk with OS but RAM can survive much more writes than SSD and RAM speed it faster than SATA3 6GB/s. Flash drive is very similar to ssd disk but there are some difference.
(04-23-2017, 08:40 AM)kubanek_kuba Wrote: I've installed fresh Windows 10, I wanted to copy partition but it was too big and now I have only OS on SSD disk.

120GB HyperX FURY

It's possible to use RAM as disk with OS but RAM can survive much more writes than SSD and RAM speed it faster than SATA3 6GB/s. Flash drive is very similar to ssd disk but there are some difference.

1.because RAM is a volitaile storage . it can store much faster but it lost all the data when the power is cut . ssd on the other hand is a non volitaile storage that mean if you cut power your data will be still intact .

2.ssd mostly use MLC (multi level chip). MLC is much faster and reliable than TLC (third level chip) that used in flash drive . not only that but ssd have many NAND chip and flashdrive only have 1 or 2 NAND chip . and also ssd use SATA or M.2 flashdrive use USB
Terminal
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting