arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello i trying to learn bash and i just made my first simple script.

the easy updater

support
  • ubuntu
  • debian
  • centos
use

github

wget dl.perryoo11.ga/easyupdater/updater.sh
bash updater.sh
Nice try.

Next time I suggest that you put your source code on Github, instead of just on your own website. Many people (including me) do not like to download unknown codes from unknown websites. If you put it on Github, everyone can view the source code first before they decide to download it or not.

@try4vps topic updated
easy updater ? what that will do ?
is it same of other commands ?
good job for your first command Smile

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

Idea isn't bad, you can add some more option to this script or make another one to manage programs (add, remove, purge etc.)
It is simple and dont need attention - run on few vps at once and all of them would be updated.
I just created a easy to install lamp server

https://perryoo11.ga/projects/easyinstaller.html
Hello all.
recently i try to learn about bash editing.
i like to explain about this feature. specially if newbie like me try so many commands for different programs. and you forget what you type past ago.
Sometimes you know that you ran a command a while ago and you want to run it again. You know a bit of the command, but you don’t exactly know all options, or when you executed the command. Of course, you could just keep pressing the Up Arrow until you encounter the command again, but there is a better way. You can search the bash history in an interactive mode by pressing

Ctrl + r.
This will put bash in history mode,
allowing you to type a part of the command you’re looking for. In the meanwhile, it will show the most recent occasion where the string you’re typing was used. If it is showing you a too recent command, you can go further back in history by pressing

Ctrl + r
again and again.
Once you found the command you were looking for, press enter to run it. If you can’t find what you’re looking for and you want to try it again or if you want to get out of history mode for an other reason, just press

Ctrl + c.
By the way, Ctrl + c can be used in many other cases to cancel the current operation and/or start with a fresh new line.

Also for some more help read this shortcut keys to perform action.

Ctrl + a => Return to the start of the command you’re typing
Ctrl + e => Go to the end of the command you’re typing
Ctrl + u => Cut everything before the cursor to a special clipboard
Ctrl + k => Cut everything after the cursor to a special clipboard
Ctrl + y => Paste from the special clipboard that Ctrl + u and Ctrl + k save their data to
Ctrl + t => Swap the two characters before the cursor (you can actually use this to transport a character from the left to the right, try it!)
Ctrl + w => Delete the word / argument left of the cursor
Ctrl + l => Clear the screen

Like if you Like [Image: smile.png]
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(08-27-2017, 08:19 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: I just created a easy to install lamp server

https://perryoo11.ga/projects/easyinstaller.html

ooh nice web..
can i ask you ? how you create that cmd ?(update)?

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

Download file and open it with a editor
(08-26-2017, 11:38 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: @try4vps topic updated

You are quick. Well done. Smile

I don't feel you need to make it sleep for every step. No offense. It is just my opinion. Wink

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting