arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide Domain Registration Information, Which Vendor Should I Choose?
More and more you are interested in hiding the domain registration information, avoid spam or reveal personal information. So which domain name registrant to save the most cost?

Here is a list of 4 websites that I find pretty good that I want to share with you

1. Porkbun

[Image: porkbun.png]

Despite being the newest name on this list, I will prioritize Porkbun in the first place with the function of hiding free domain name registration information for life.

Some special features in Porkbun are as follows:
  • Domain Forwarding

• Free SSL are Enabled

• Email Forwarding

• Two Layers Account Security
Domain pricing .COM and .NET respectively are $8.84 and $9.71

2. Namesilo

[Image: namesilo.png]

If you want to hide domain name information, it's not as good as Namesilo. Domain name here you will enjoy moderate renewal rates, but also support hidden domain information lifetime (WHOIS Privacy).

Namesilo supports pretty much any other function:

• Domain Manage Categories
  • Domain Forwarding
  • DNS Template has built-in records required
  • Email Forwarding
  • Sub-Account allows other accounts to use your domain
  • Dual-layer Account Security with Authy or Google Authenticator
Also, if you pre-load your account into the NameSilo Discount Program, the cost of the domain name will be reduced a bit more.

Domain Pricing .COM and .NET in Namesilo:

[Image: domain.png]

3. Uniregistry

[Image: Uniregistry.gif]

Uniregistry recently made a notable recent appearance at affordable prices and also hides a lifetime of free domain name privacy (Privacy.Link ™).

The functionality of Uniregistry is not that great, it supports URL Forwarding, DNS Templates, double layer security with Google Authenticator or Phone Number.

Domain Pricing .COM and .NET in Uniregistry:

[Image: domain97501929139cd68a.png]

4. Google Domains

[Image: Google-Domains-400x216.png]
Some of the noteworthy features of the Google Domains service are: the top 10 largest domain name providers in the world, free lifetime domain name information, powerful DNS server system from Google, Good, Livechat online, simple domain management system easy to use, support sharing of domain name management with others.

Details of domain name price you visit the home page: Google Domains
Hide doesn't sound very honest. Maybe if you say you want private domain ownership, then that sounds better? Public is when your personal address appears in the WhoIs registry and others can get hold of it to spam you. This information is given to the WhoIs by your Domain Registrar. However, if you opt for private domain with your Registrar then he gives you a very public address that no one can trace to you. You then get private domain ownership. You can find many Domain Registrars who provide the private registration for free. Domain Silo private domain ownership is always free. Namecheap also provides for free private ownership However for most registrars as far as I know there are certain categories like country extension domains like dot.us where you can't get free private domain ownership.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
how come you guys are talking about private or anonymous domain registration and not talking about this,

https://njal.la/

there are many others and many of them free. but these guys are the best at this game.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@huuthi95 why you need to hide your Domain Registration Information? can you explain the benefits.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(11-21-2018, 10:32 AM)sagher Wrote: @huuthi95 why you need to hide your Domain Registration Information? can you explain the benefits.

to keep your personal info safe. keep spammers and data miners at bay.

just because one wants to.

may be want to remain undetected to protect some interests.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-21-2018, 10:32 AM)sagher Wrote: @huuthi95 why you need to hide your Domain Registration Information? can you explain the benefits.

Further to Rudra's list of things, if you don't make your Domain Registration private, then your personal details including name, address and phone number gets listed on the Domain Registry WhoIs.  Everyone can get access to the registry and skim all your personal info from that list.  Next thing you get spammed, scammed, and a target for all kinds of things you don't want to happen to you. Better to get your Registrar to use his public address to cover your domain so if any legal person needs to get hold of you, they will do so through the Registrar of your Domain.

As an example you can check the Domain Registry below and see whether your domain is listed in it.  Then check the information it lists about you.  That is the information that every one else can get who uses the registry:
https://www.whois.net/

Purpose of this thread was to see where you can get this domain "privacy" for free.  Most domain registrars offer it these days, not all though.  Domain Silo has as a matter of its marketing principle that they offer domain privacy with all of their domains.

PS: @rudra .... that link to https://njal.la/ rocks! Lovely Website too. First time I've learned about it, many thanks for contributing it:
Quote:Who's behind Njalla?

We're a team of committed internet activists and we're also involved in other privacy projects such as the IPredator VPN service. Some of us have also been involved in projects like The Pirate Bay and Piratbyrån to mention a few things. Or to keep it simple; we've got a long history and serious understanding of the issues of anonymity on the internets.

Media requests can be sent to media at njal dot la
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-21-2018, 10:41 AM)rudra Wrote: to keep your personal info safe. keep spammers and data miners at bay.

just because one wants to.

may be want to remain undetected to protect some interests.

Yes, as mentioned above, it protect your information from spam, or phishing
Whois Privacy is offered by all registrars. Few offer it for free when you register a domain name. Others ask for an annual fee often between 5-10 usd.

Anyway this has 2 sides. If you have the domain for personal use then it might be good. Because personally I know how it is. Problem is not address or phone number but the email address. my domain mail get all sorts of domain name offers by 100's everyday so yeah it come handy.

But of Domain is is belongs to a business then you should display address, phone and email address. Usually I think twice before buying something from a business which hides their contact details.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I don't know why you find it so difficult to find a whois guard. Nowadays, most of domain provider provides the same for free. Namecheap does it too! I have my domain registered there and it's working great. It has whois protection. You can check whois.com/whois/manalshaikh.info.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Namecheap comes to mind, their whoisguard is really good at this whois information hiding. Instead of trusting these new ones I suggest stick with the old and cheap one first to see how the new domain resgistar's case will unfold
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting