arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB 3.0 vs Sata III
Wink 
So lets say u have 2 hdd's both are the same model and same speeds, what would be faster and why, USB 3.0 or Sata III.

In my first opinion i would think that usb 3 would win, but then in the other side i would think that sata would win because sata is direct to the mainboard, and USB 3.0 is not made to have windows running on it. 

but then what is faster, what do you think  Blush
SATA should be faster because SATA is made mainly for disks. Under USB you can plug almost everything.
If you're using an HDD, it's nothing different. There aren't many HDDs that can be bottle necked by SATA 3 or USB3.0

But if it's an SSD, USB3.1 or PCIe would be the best Big Grin
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
(12-18-2016, 07:14 AM)Conan Wrote: If you're using an HDD, it's nothing different. There aren't many HDDs that can be bottle necked by SATA 3 or USB3.0

But if it's an SSD, USB3.1 or PCIe would be the best Big Grin

SSD is almost always faster because SSD uses electronic to read and save data. In HDD everything is rotating and you need to wait for specific position before system will write or read something from disk.
Not sure, perhaps SATA III would be faster as that's more designed for the hardware, like another user said USBs are used by almost all other components and devices.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
i Think Sata III Is better than USB 3 . Because USB is Designed For Portable Device . not For State Device Like SSD . And Sata III Is Designed For HDD/SSD
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
@kubanek_kuba
That's obvious. Dodgy

(12-19-2016, 10:44 AM)Honey Wrote: Not sure, perhaps SATA III would be faster as that's more designed for the hardware, like another user said USBs are used by almost all other components and devices.

Yes, it will be faster. But given that USB3.1 exists now and you have a lot of "SSD Flash drives", USB can be faster then SATA3 now.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
I did not use Sata ||| myself but listen from others that sata ||| is better from usb 3.0
SATA 3 or USB 3.1 if that's a option. SSD is the best!
[Image: miwilc.jpg]
sata 3 is best from usb 3.1 because i am using both of them and i found sata more reliable than usb
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting