arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Notification to all of you.
Hello there.
Yesterday i just received a mail from [email protected] regarding a free vps that you have won. You just need to provide your email address and password so we can install the VPS.
It was a fake mail sent using a fake mailer. I want you to be careful and must check the source of email from where it's coming from. 

You may also check that you should get mails from via [email protected] via sendgrid.info
Otherwise, Do not touch any mails coming from non-encrypted source. 

Thank you so much.
I thought it would be good to inform regarding this so no one could get in trouble.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

i got an email to. but about that post4vps have 2 new vps. VPS 5. thats all
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
I also got that but that was from real
I received the following text : You just need to provide your email address and password so we can install the VPS.
lol
And it was non-encrypted and post2vps mails are sent from sendgrid + tls encryiption

Users are Requested not to open attachments or reply to Emails which talk about us and don't have the email with domain post4vps.com( like [email protected])
It's obviously a email scam,May I know from which email it was sent ?
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

As a conclusion: Post4VPS and its staff will never ask you about your passwords or any details related to your account or VPS, we are giving out you VPS so in fact we does have all required info we want so we never requests passwords from our members. If you receive these type of mails then please send us the raw format of email or detailed email report so we can look forward to it.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
The solutions is simple:
use different email and difficult password for every different site and store them in an encrypted database.That's all.
Even if one of your email account compromised then the others are still in safe.

Under the user control panel enable these options: 
Messaging and Notification
Receive emails from the Administrators.
Hide your email from other members.

But the question is:
How do they know that you're members at post4vps and yours email addresses? Did you share your address at the forum for the public?
I haven't received such an email, just the genuine one from Dynamo two days ago.

@Abdul Sami
They already know your email address so you can't hide it from them. Generate a new password (don't share your real one) and send it them by pretending that you're requesting a VPS from them. Let's try it out to reveal what do they want.
I wonder why this guy would target this site. This is just a small forum with a limited number of active users. So, it is better OP can find out more details of the sender, like the method Dudi has suggested.

Luckily it seems most of the users are not affected. At least the sender does not have a full list of all our email addresses.

I already sent some details to @Dynamo.
He'll let you know what happened exactly.

Yea like dudi said that was best one to protect our infos and fraud emails today I got a amazon confirm letter Lil I was so happy but later I get to know that it was fake loll... Its just like hell !!
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(09-12-2017, 02:17 PM)Dudi Wrote: The solutions is simple:
use different email and difficult password for every different site and store them in an encrypted database.That's all.
Even if one of your email account compromised then the others are still in safe.

Under the user control panel enable these options: 
Messaging and Notification
Receive emails from the Administrators.
Hide your email from other members.

But the question is:
How do they know that you're members at post4vps and yours email addresses? Did you share your address at the forum for the public?
I haven't received such an email, just the genuine one from Dynamo two days ago.

@Abdul Sami
They already know your email address so you can't hide it from them. Generate a new password (don't share your real one) and send it them by pretending that you're requesting a VPS from them. Let's try it out to reveal what do they want.

Yeah right and i think Email addresses leaked from MyBB because it not has much security everyone is write their email address while they apply for a VPS so hacker maybe get email address from VPS request section but how? it possible but not easily.

OR Probably email addresses leak from Profile see attached image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting