arrow_upward

[ADDED] Add sponsor tag to review section
Just a suggestion also about review section, might be add a tag for each sponsor also works? This will give an advantage for sponsor too. So if users want to see a review for X sponsor, they can go for it. I also see some VPS holders review without sponsor name in their title, might not too important, but if using tag for each sponsor, we can know which VPS belong to which sponsor. Just my opinion :p.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
@tiwil Moved your suggestion to a new thread. Better to keep the suggestions separate so there won't be any confusion.

This is a good suggestion. I doubt members will be checking the tags. But if it is easy to add the tag, it can't be that work-intensive. And as you said, it would benefit the sponsor, and draw his attention to the review as well.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
That tag can be like Thread Prefixes?
Like in giveaways
[CLOSED] 54 Giveaway
Do you want it to be like [HostLease] VPS 18 Review?
i do agree this may be so helpful for those who's not sure about choosing their vps's this suggestion may help them a lot who they can understand the have more information's about each vps's reviewed and each sponsor providing vps's qualities
Watch this beauty till the end..

I was thinking that within the reviews category, we could have subcategories for each sponsor. However, moving the existing reviews would be a complete pain and hence this method might not be viable.

Having a tag in the title (like @youssefbasha described above) is also not that great of an idea in my opinion. It only makes it more cluttered on mobile, pushing the remaining of the title to the right. Maybe have it at the end of the title?

E.g.

VPS 9 Seattle Review [VirMach]
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
I think it would be a good idea to always keep increasing the vps plan numbers and not reuse the old numbers. that way old reviews won't wrongly appear as applicable to newer plans. also with time, some might say it will look cool. vps 99. lol

Along with this increasing VPS plan number, one could make it a request or rule to add the sponsor name at the title.

Now that seems like a good idea.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Tags or Keywords are good for finding related threads about a sponsor. I think it can be implemented through MyCode & our search option.
But is it enough to avoid duplication of VPS plans?
May be @rudra have a point here.
Here I see a problem while reading the section. Non-post4VPS reviews are also posted in the review section.
They are also having VPS Plans. So it creates another confusion.

Thank you  Sweet

(04-03-2020, 05:29 PM)rudra Wrote: I think it would be a good idea to always keep increasing the vps plan numbers and not reuse the old numbers. that way old reviews won't wrongly appear as applicable to newer plans. also with time, some might say it will look cool. vps 99. lol

Along with this increasing VPS plan number, one could make it a request or rule to add the sponsor name at the title.

Now that seems like a good idea.

Good point. However, we already have the issue of old numbers that have been used before. So maybe the suggestion won't work for tagging VPS Plans.

However, I didn't have the VPS number in mind when I was visualizing the execution of @tiwil's idea. I thought to use the sponsor's name instead, which obviously would always be unique regardless of the change of VPS Plan. We'll have to ask @Dynamo how doable and feasible that would be.
Terminal
@Dynamo was OK with it, and we've added the sponsor tags.  You can already see the most recent reviews with the Sponsor Tags.  I will only tag the reviews for the current sponsors that are with Post4VPS now.  Reviews of VPSs of which the host is not a sponsor have not been tagged. Also, when I checked the later reviews, i.e. 2017 backwards, reviews weren't always of good standard.  Also not very current as the specs of the VPS Plan may also have changed.
Terminal
Ooo ... Seems like I missed this suggestion thread. Anyway it was a great suggestion by @tiwil.

It'll definitely be easy for new members as well as existing, to lookup VPS reviews by sponsors tags. I've seen many members who like to have VPSes from a particular sponsor as they know the sponsor, or maybe they've an ongoing product with that sponsor.

I'd have agreed with the addition of this system.

An amazing suggestion. 5 stars to the thread!

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-28-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: deanhills
07-28-2020, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Decent12
04-06-2020, 06:42 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting