arrow_upward

Poll: Is this a good suggestion
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, nice idea. I vote for this.
75.00%
No, the current rules are good enough.
25.00%
Total
8 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
[ADDED] New update rules for advertisements
Hi,

I have a idea for update the rules for posting an advertisement because, a user which is new here comes only here to advertise and just post but no response or any like that. I had planned like this.

IDEA FOR NEW ADVERTISEMENT RULES:
Member must be at least registered for 30 Days.
They need to make 15 Quality posts.
No advertisements from banned hosting provider where under: MOFH / Banned providers in the current list.
They must be a provider that not gone in a few months like what users did no names posted.
One advertise per seven (7) days (VIP/Staff P4V does this rule not exist)
They must provide a good description about their hosting, so no one-liners or copied from other advertisers.
No overpriced hosting plans
No phone verification
Must provide a real Privacy Policy followed by their region/country (Hostlease in this case follows the EU Privacy Policy Rules)
Advertisement out-side the category to be deleted.
one advert per seven days is no good. yet. We are not up there on the popularity index to implement such restrictions.
I think before changing rules, one should come up with what needs changing and why.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I would agree on the new rules.

We have too many junk advertising posts recently.

I would also suggest that the "One advertise per seven (7) days" rule can be relaxed after the member makes 100 quality posts.

I also agree with a change in the rules. I like the idea that we should get to know them first as well.

I don't mind the advertisements - provided they have substance and good content and most of all they're not a repeat of the previous advertisement. So if someone has made an advertisement and repeats the same advertisement in 7 days, then that advertisement will be spam canned. However if the person has a valid new marketing campaign with a good deal, 2 days after the one before, I'll be suspicious, but if it has a good and a NEW deal in it, then I will be OK with it.

I completely agree there should be rules for the content of a deal. Particularly with a TOS, Web link, etc. Information should be very clear, posted in the right forum and provide accurate and open information about the monthly charge for the service/s. The information should be transparent, and the business should have been alive for at least a while, unless the person is known to us and a member of the Forum for a while, wishing to start a new business.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I agree and disagree, at the same time with the suggestion that @F7N gave.

Quote:]Which do I agree?
- No advertisements from banned hosting provider where under: MOFH / Banned providers in the current list.
- One advertise per seven (7) days (VIP/Staff P4V does this rule not exist)
- They must provide a good description about their hosting, so no one-liners or copied from other advertisers.
- Must provide a real Privacy Policy followed by their region/country (Hostlease in this case follows the EU Privacy Policy Rules)

The other, I may agree to it, only if they changed. Let's examine one by one with my POV.

Member must be at least registered for 30 Days.
I would say, this can be reduced to about 14 days (or 2 weeks). 30 days is too long, like @rudra said, we're not famous enough like LET or other IT discussion forum. So we should not be too restricted at this moment.

They need to make 15 Quality posts.
I would say, they only need 5 quality posts before they can promote. At least they can contribute to our forum at small point before they can promote their services. If you're making a requirement that will be very hard, sometimes people that are lazy will not promote, and leave this forum. If you're not too restricted, like make 5 posts before promote, they may do it in 1 day (15 in 1 day is crazy). If you say it's a spam, I would say, no. They are not a VPS holder. so they will not be restricted to 4 posts/day policy.

They must be a provider that not gone in a few months like what users did no names posted.
How can we know if they will not gone in few months? We're not a magician nor shaman (I get that shaman from Google Translate, LOL). This policy may be change to the point @deanhills said already. The business should be alive for some moments before they can promote it.

No overpriced hosting plans
It's very hard to give low price hosting plans nowadays. I would not say too much about this, I never be in hosting provider POV, maybe @VIP roles holder, which is hosting provider, can give a comment to this.

Advertisement out-side the category to be deleted.
We're too restricted if he's out of the category, then straight delete given to them. I would say, let them know, if we can do, move the topic to some topic that is related. If they sell a product and not related to IT, we can straight delete it, but if they sell hosting at Cheap VPS topic, we should not straight delete it.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
For real, everything is fine with the suggestion but iam not ok with this rule about advertising every 7 days
from what i read and all the counter ideas i really find this a good idea.

my requirements idea would be:

- at-least 2 weeks registered
- have 5 posts that has a valued addition towards the thread
- an offer should be maintained until the offer expires.

penalties that will be given if one of the rules are not followed:
punishments are given with a warn.

- 1 offense is a post ban for 2 weeks
- 2 offense is an post ban for 4 weeks
- 3 offense is a perm post ban and a 2 week account ban | 2 month ban depending on the situation.

optional:

(and we should have a provider tag that can be requested and will be handled manually for decreased requirements but a verification process will be initiated.)
The rules discourage advertiser for making ads here but in return it can make cleaner ads and less spam to it and most importantly is the active user . Because from what i see there is a lot of account that came here just to advertise and run . With this new rules there will be less advertise and run
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
As a member in this community i found rules here really hard for newbies, and those new rules who suggested by F7N it will lead it to be more worst. first of all none would wait for 30 day, and by this we will lose members. 
so what i can say it would make our rules better:
My Requirements suggestion:
- member should be registered at least for 7 days 
- member must post 10 quality posts ( which is longer than 3 lines ) also so we can avoid spammers by reducing the number of posts requirement.
- to keep the vps at least 7 quality post.

by doing this we will encourage a lot of members, so they won't be afraid by spending time here.
Watch this beauty till the end..

Some of those advertisers just come for post their ads only. First we need to decide do we need that or not. Personally I don't think we need those kind of ads. If the provider doesn't respond to his own thread then it should be removed after a time period.

I don't think 7 day restriction would work. These days these guys just do mass posting. They register then if they find a time restriction then they just wait till they can post and then move on. I think maybe Those post should be admin/mod approve posts.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-03-2021, 01:44 AM
Last Post: deanhills
03-24-2021, 08:57 PM
03-23-2020, 04:44 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting