arrow_upward

Poll: Is this a good suggestion
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, nice idea. I vote for this.
75.00%
No, the current rules are good enough.
25.00%
Total
8 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
[ADDED] New update rules for advertisements
(06-05-2019, 09:33 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: from what i read and all the counter ideas i really find this a good idea.

my requirements idea would be:

- at-least 2 weeks registered
- have 5 posts that has a valued addition towards the thread
- an offer should be maintained until the offer expires.

penalties that will be given if one of the rules are not followed:
punishments are given with a warn.

- 1 offense is a post ban for 2 weeks
- 2 offense is an post ban for 4 weeks
- 3 offense is a perm post ban and a 2 week account ban | 2 month ban depending on the situation.

optional:

(and we should have a provider tag that can be requested and will be handled manually for decreased requirements but a verification process will be initiated.)

Nice suggestions. I like the idea of adding penalties.

I would, however, worry that some members would not care about the penalties you mentioned. Especially when they simply do not need to come back again with the same account.

So, I am afraid that the only workable penalty for them is to delete their threads.

(06-06-2019, 04:40 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Nice suggestions. I like the idea of adding penalties.

I would, however, worry that some members would not care about the penalties you mentioned. Especially when they simply do not need to come back again with the same account.

So, I am afraid that the only workable penalty for them is to delete their threads.

their thread is what they want with the forum so by deleting it they lost their ads in this forum , that is good idea better than just closing the thread because closing thread still make the ads exist just cannot be bumped anymore
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
If a user just come here to post Advertisements, then I don't think that it will benefit the forum in anyway accept getting abstract Advertisements which are not even maintained by the user( after analysing the past posts).

After going through all the Suggestions,
I come to a conclusion that, we need to update our Forum Rules for Advertisement,

Thanks @Pacific Spirit, and all of you for suggesting and giving your point of view.

After the discussion, I guess the following rules would be best:
  • Member must be at least registered for 15 Days.
  • They need to make 10 Quality posts. (Taken mean of all the Suggestions)
  • No advertisements from banned hosting provider where under: MOFH / Banned providers in the current list.
  • The business should have been alive for at least 4 Months.
  • One Advertisement per seven (7) days (VIP/Staff P4V does this rule not exist) [ It will be relaxed for users having 100 or more quality Posts ]
  • Must provide all Necessary Terms and conditions.
  • Staff have right to delete any Advertisement which are written poorly and lack of details.

NOTE: these rules are not for free service Advertisements.

We would soon be doing the amendments to the Forum Rules for Advertisements once all active staff members conclude same or come up with some modifications.

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

You may want to consider a rule regarding offer bumping and updates / repostings of offers.

I can only imagine how unfair it would be if someone bumps their thread every day / week and causes other offers to disappear far away on pages. So something like "you may bump your offer one every month" or so (this is up to staff to decided when and how often) would probably make things a bit more fair, right?

And sometimes providers make exactly the same offer with only something little updated. I think that is a problem, too. @deanhills starts to finally deal with this kind of offers as far as I noticed but there is no rule, yet. Other sites a la LET and so on also have rules for that. The same should apply for offer reposts where the exact same offer is posted again. Many sites don't allow that at all.

Just my two additional cents. For everything else suggested here I largely agree. I would however like to warn that at the beginning the new rules will more likely harm the forum a bit and drive down the number of advertisers (possible increase workload until the people who keep ignoring the rules are gone). Usually gets better after a time and maybe the advertisers will start to care, too Smile .
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(06-07-2019, 08:16 AM)Dynamo Wrote:
  • The business should have been alive for at least 4 Months.

Yay! But, how about point I quoted? Is there any way to decrease it for, maybe 2 or 3 months? 4 months is actually pretty long, people don't remember the site name if they are not visiting the site so much.

Anyway, is there a way to check how long they already live? From WHOIS? Or other?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(06-07-2019, 01:27 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: You may want to consider a rule regarding offer bumping and updates / repostings of offers.

I can only imagine how unfair it would be if someone bumps their thread every day / week and causes other offers to disappear far away on pages. So something like "you may bump your offer one every month" or so (this is up to staff to decided when and how often) would probably make things a bit more fair, right?

And sometimes providers make exactly the same offer with only something little updated. I think that is a problem, too. @deanhills starts to finally deal with this kind of offers as far as I noticed but there is no rule, yet. Other sites a la LET and so on also have rules for that. The same should apply for offer reposts where the exact same offer is posted again. Many sites don't allow that at all.

Just my two additional cents. For everything else suggested here I largely agree. I would however like to warn that at the beginning the new rules will more likely harm the forum a bit and drive down the number of advertisers (possible increase workload until the people who keep ignoring the rules are gone). Usually gets better after a time and maybe the advertisers will start to care, too Smile .

Agreed. Bumping posts has been a strategy of providers in here to gain the top list as a "recent" poster. Bumping advertising posts should be taken into consideration.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Thanks @"Hidden Refuge" and @Manal.  Staff will watch out for bumping of own threads in the advertising section of the Forum.  If they miss this we thank you for reporting the issue as @Manal has just done. Smile

Since @Dynamo has spoken, and the suggestion has been accepted.  Am closing the thread as "accepted" to avoid spam. If you have feedback on the execution of this suggestion, please feel free to open a new thread.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-03-2021, 01:44 AM
Last Post: deanhills
03-24-2021, 08:57 PM
03-23-2020, 04:44 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting