arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AV to VGA converter
hello all,

I wanted to know if any of you have ever used some AV to VGA converter to connect set top box to a monitor with VGA input ?

If yes then please share your experiences here. Any instructions or suggestions also welcome.

What I am planning to do:
  Buying such an adapter that will work with a set top box (with card.. means digital. But only AV output) and a monitor with VGA input.

Thank you for any information.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(12-06-2020, 02:43 AM)rudra Wrote: hello all,

I wanted to know if any of you have ever used some AV to VGA converter to connect set top box to a monitor with VGA input ?

If yes then please share your experiences with me here. Any instructions or suggestions also welcome.

What I am planning to do:
  Buying such an adapter that will work with a set top box (with card.. means digital. But only AV output) and a monitor with VGA input.

Thank you for any information.

I've done this before but it was a long time ago... probably early 2000s?

The converter I was using at that time was a pci card with AV inputs and VGA output. I was using it to play ps1 at the time since I had a small room and didn't want to make room for a TV. I bought it for ~30$ USD at a local electronics shop called "Circuit City", which I believe has gone out of business since then. Another converter gave me a usable headphone jack for my computer speakers.

It was a fairly simple procedure. The pci card was plug and play: just drop it into the motherboard and the OS detected everything. I'm sure nowadays they have smaller, faster, and cheaper ways to do it.
@fitkoh
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I see that there are some tiny and cheap devices selling on ebay or amazon which claim to do it. they are not like any expansion cards which require computers.

you can just search "av to vga converter" on google or amazon and you will find them.

Do you have any comments on their quality ?
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
i done many projects like that. last i make scart to AVI converter. i have a cable vga to bnc avi connector also. it is not a big deal bro just google the "VGA to AVI pin out diagram" and make you own.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
that is a really awesome piece of information dear !! @sagher
I did not know that the signal specs were compatible to that extent. Thank you so much !!

this certainly shows the importance and relevance of keeping a monitor around that has a VGA option on it.

Though I would like to know how it feels to watch non HD cable channel programs on a Full HD monitor ? will it be very pixelated ? Anyone with any direct experience in this ?

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting