arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the VPSs
I don't know if I should post here if I don't have a VPS but I was just wondering, are the VPS that you guys offer Windows Servers or Linux Servers or you have both of them?
I'm just curious and I want to know the right decision to take when requesting.
Windows VPS available currently are not in great shape. I got a vps3 which pretty much useless and I think vps5 is same. Unless you really badly need a Windows vps no matter what , get a Linux VPS. There several really good Linux vps providers here.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Linux vps's are more efficient from windows. however windows servers are there special values. but if you want a secure server. with massive packages of applications. and a large number of those are freeware. easy and long lasting automated servers are only possible on linux.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
vps 13 have also windows and its working well but vps is not available in stock
(04-26-2017, 03:11 AM)xdude Wrote: Windows VPS available currently are not in great shape. I got a vps3 which pretty much useless and I think vps5 is same. Unless you really badly need a Windows vps no matter what , get a Linux VPS. There several really good Linux vps providers here.

@xdude how bad is it ? i actually want a vps 5 for next giveaway . i have a good ping from my location (indonesia) to vps 5 provider (canada) .
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I can't say nothing good about vps5. It was good in early days. Then things went down hill pretty fast. Now I have vps3 which is totally down most of the time.

For Windows VPS you must to have a VPS with at least 2GB RAM minimum, but more is recommended. And it should use one of these virtualization technologies: XEN, KVM or vmWare. OpenVZ does not capable of run Windows.
And you must ask the provider whether it allows Windows usage or not, because Windows use much more resources than Linux.
1GB is fine for running Windows server. You just can't run any heavy stuff eating massive amount of RAM. But not all Providers allow Windows servers even when they offer Xen or KVM. For example Host4fun sponsors several 1GB KVM servers but Windows are not allowed in these for free users.

(04-27-2017, 01:27 AM)xdude Wrote: 1GB is fine for running Windows server. You just can't run any heavy stuff eating massive amount of RAM. But not all Providers allow Windows servers even when they offer Xen or KVM. For example Host4fun sponsors several 1GB KVM servers but Windows are not allowed in these for free users.

when idle windows is really not that eating resources . why they not allowed windows
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I asked this question. I think they told just it's their policy or something. There is a Host4fun thread here and you can ask them why. Smile

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting