arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Add Imgur extension to myBB post tools
@Dynamo

Looks as though there is an Imgur extension for myBB where a tool can be added to the posts windows for uploading images to Imgur for immediate processing into URL links.  Not sure whether it's safe or using too many resources, but was wondering when one day you have time for playing with myBB projects, whether you could check this out.  
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...6&bid=3723

Here is a discussion thread at mybb.com:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-166859-page-22.html

This in particular would be an interesting application to add to the extension for added functionality (it's included in the latest version of the plugin - 2.6 (refer first link above):
https://community.mybb.com/thread-166859...pid1322654
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
It seems like this idea is worth trying because many users here use imgur!
And whether this will make it easier for people to upload their files to post4vps
Terminal
Solo Developer
I always use Imgur if I want those images to last long. I have yet to find a perfect image hosting similar to Imgur in every way. It doesn't let you post images without having an account I think, but it's not a problem if you want your images to last long. I don't know if it's useful to forums like these since we don't use many images but its something worth it look at.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I feel this will help users, must have feature in forum, also it won't use disk space of post4vps, that means it will not add future issues, hopefully it can reduce the risk adding images into post. I mostly use tinypic for image hosting, I hope imagur will store image for a long time as xdude said.

Thank you  Sweet

it is really a good extension. But I almost always tell people to keep things lighter. Another extension is not just a tiny help in this case. It is another point of failure too. Just a little more work. like couple more clicks and 2 minutes more won't kill anyone. Also it is not like everyone is posting images everyday.

i say don't add another extension for just this.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
You can technically just use the img tag and the imgur image link that end with file extension but plugin can make the process and the end result better

I use imgur when i want to upload image if i not using the bulit in attachment feature
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I feel making uploading pictures too easy may not be a good thing for most forums.

Because it may encourage members adding unnecessary pictures to their posts. It will slow down the loading time of pages and this is bad for SEO.

That can be the reason why most forums do not install this kind of plugin.

(02-20-2019, 04:26 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: I feel making uploading pictures too easy may not be a good thing for most forums.

Because it may encourage members adding unnecessary pictures to their posts. It will slow down the loading time of pages and this is bad for SEO.

That can be the reason why most forums do not install this kind of plugin.

I also thought that @tryp4vps. But looks as though times are changing. When I studied some recent blog articles about suggestions for SEO in Forums the suggestions included spicing up posts and tutorials with more images and especially YouTube shows. Google seems to like those very much. So I think for that reason too, it would be good to add a tool in the post window links so as to facilitate the addition of images and YouTube shows particularly in tutorials and technical suggestions. Would be great if myBB could get to do the same as WordPress when one pastes a YouTube link in the blog, it automatically adds the YouTube show. I don't think it's as easy to add media in a Forum post yet as it is to add media in WordPress.
Terminal
(02-20-2019, 04:35 PM)deanhills Wrote: I also thought that @tryp4vps. But looks as though times are changing......

Google is still measuring page speed on loads.

What your saying about YouTube shows is a difficult thing. Unless you make the YouTube shows automatically start playing when users visit the pages, it should not affect the loading speed of pages.

(02-20-2019, 04:50 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Google is still measuring page speed on loads.

What your saying about YouTube shows is a difficult thing. Unless you make the YouTube shows automatically start playing when users visit the pages, it should not affect the loading speed of pages.
I don't have personal experience, but suggestions have been made to add more media to pages as Google seems to like it. I picked up on it a little while ago when I was doing research on the topic. Part that works is to create alternative text to the image or links the way @Dynamo is already doing. Ditto with the video links.

I did a fast Google search just now - much more superficially than the last time, but here's an example of Google's thinking about images and using media for the future:
https://www.blog.google/products/search/...ul-search/

Quote:Over the last year, we’ve overhauled the Google Images algorithm to rank results that have both great images and great content on the page. For starters, the authority of a web page is now a more important signal in the ranking. If you’re doing a search for DIY shelving, the site behind the image is now more likely to be a site related to DIY projects. We also prioritize fresher content, so you’re more likely to visit a site that has been updated recently.
Terminal
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-11-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting