arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Add Imgur extension to myBB post tools
I +1 this idea. I hate manually using bbtag to input a image after first going out of my way to upload to imgur. I would rather have a plugin that auto does it for me and inputs the results in bbtag and here. It's easier on us without leaving the forum platform at all.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(02-20-2019, 05:17 PM)deanhills Wrote: ..... I did a fast Google search just now - much more superficially than the last time, but here's an example of Google's thinking about images and using media for the future:
https://www.blog.google/products/search/...ul-search/

Over the last year, we’ve overhauled the Google Images algorithm to rank results that have both great images and great content on the page......

Thanks for finding out this information.

But the paragraph you quoted is about Google Images search.

Google Images search used to rank results that have great images. Now they say they change algorithm to rank results that have both great images and great content on the page.

But it is unlikely that normal people would use the Google Images search tab to search for keywords such as "post for host" or "free vps". So I am afraid it would not help much for this forum niche.

Still, your finding may be quite useful for some other websites targeting for traffics from Google Images searches.

(02-23-2019, 10:25 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Thanks for finding out this information.

But the paragraph you quoted is about Google Images search.

Google Images search used to rank results that have great images. Now they say they change algorithm to rank results that have both great images and great content on the page.

But it is unlikely that normal people would use the Google Images search tab to search for keywords such as "post for host" or "free vps". So I am afraid it would not help much for this forum niche.

Still, your finding may be quite useful for some other websites targeting for traffics from Google Images searches.
It is just an example @tryp4vps - and a quick one as to where this originated from - think I'll rest this now as possibly it's OK to differ in opinion.  There are those SEO consultantswho interpreted this line of thinking behind Google's new policy as including live material such as YouTube shows for increasing their position in the search results.  Google is not just looking at traffic anymore, they are looking at content that is alive and interesting including images, videos, social media etc and also content that is made new all of the time.  If you look at any news paper websites, or professional corporate sites, you'll see plenty of videos on it, some of them immediately start to play when you open the site - quite annoying really - but that starts to make sense (for me anyway) why there were some SEO blogs suggesting to include live material in one's Website - one specifically was for Forum - if I find my post with the link in it, I'll post a link about it here - but I think it may have been at another Forum.  Professional websites are using videos for SEO value.  The videos on the main index page are also continuously being renewed and recycled.  So I think the little advertisement that Dynamo has on our Forum main page is a really great example of something interesting that can be incorporated and renewed all of the time for SEO advantage.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-11-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting