arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Free VPS for 1 Year with VCC
I had one of their VPSes for a whole year, their support is fine tbh, the server also worked fine though It was nothing extraordinary(It was free so I wasn't expecting that anyway!).
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
It seems no Indian customers can use this service as VCC seems impossible to get here. Using debit card is in vain. Amazon, digital ocean etc.

Thank you  Sweet

At least you have to fill your cc with 3 $ because on amazon you will be charged 1 $ for the verification process
Terminal
Solo Developer
while i used the aws vps bit it some what complicated vps no option of reboot or reinstall so cancel the aws vps,since they say vps only for 1 month in my aws console but at offical page they show 12 months idk weather true or fake i just terminate the aws vps from my account

(12-24-2018, 01:20 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: It seems no Indian customers can use this service as VCC seems impossible to get here.  Using debit  card is in vain. Amazon,  digital ocean etc.

indian customer can use .I use kotak 811  bank account which provide zero costs,no minium balance and best thing is they provide international payments and they provide visa card not a rupay card so go for kotak 811 account and do all your paypal transaction if you are from indian and dont have creditcard! but they will charge 4-5$ /yearly has tax charge ! !

(12-24-2018, 05:11 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: At least you have to fill your cc with 3 $ because on amazon you will be charged 1 $ for the verification process

they only charge 0.1 inr for indian customer which to refund in 5 days to my account so you can trust them but i dont know about 12 months vps usage it only shows 1 month duration in my account (756 hours )
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

Actually, I don't know why so much users here are complaining with their services. So, I think I should give a try to use their free tier.

I got their free tier with Github student. It's really fine tho, it's free. It's EC2 not Lightsail. If you see above me, @Khadeer143 is questioning, is this for 12 months or only 1 months? The EC2 is 12 months, and Lightsail is 1 months free trial. You can look AWS's free tier page to see what benefit we got with their free tier.

For free tier, I found it's 750 hours/month and free for 12 months (so as I said before, it's EC2). This means, you can have one machine that run 24/7/365, as if it's 31 days a month, you will only use 744 hours, and still have 6 hours left.
Their free tier is 1GB RAM, 30GB SSD storage, you can choose OS from Linux to Windows. I found Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, SUSELinux, Red Hat, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2. The location is North Virginia, as they only allow US East location (which is North Virginia) for free student.

I choosed their Windows 2016 option, not too long to boot on the first creation, it's like other VPS services, only under 10 minutes. Pretty easy to configure, but I also a little bit confused because they leave us with so much option.
But if you don't want to choose any option, it's up to you. After selecting package, you can automatically go to review and launch instead of doing it manually.

I still remember when someone said that AWS's free tier speed is really slow, take a look,
Web: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7909006226
Image: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7909006226.png

It's fast enough. But, I think you're not satisfied as it's US location also, no problem, I choosed a server from my ISP in Indonesia, here's the result,
Web: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7909049841
Image: http://www.speedtest.net/result/7909049841.png

The speed to Jakarta is nice, but ping not really nice. If you felt this VPS really slow, I don't. I felt this VPS is not fast but not slow also.

I still don't use this VPS for any purposes as I launch this VPS today, and only doing some password change and speedtest. I will think what I'll do with this VPS soon.

I think, people that need Windows like @OldMeister can choose AWS free tier if he wanted to have free Windows for 12 months for free. Use Github student if you don't want them to charge you by CC, as Github only need picture proof of your student card or use school email.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Hmm, I haven't had any problem with AWS VPS expect their security stuff is really confusing. And their firewall is much more. If you want go just DigitalOcean route, its much better with a github student subscriptions.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting