arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Here Owns a DSLR Camera ?
So finally I bought a DSLR camera. It's a used Nikon D5500 with a 18-55mm Kit Lens and also a 50-300mm Lens. Also there was a 16GB SD card. Costed me about 375 usd. So I had to buy a UV Filter for 18-55 Lens and also a Camera bag. Plus I bought 2 SanDisk Ultra Class10 32GB SDHC cards. There are some pros and cons when compared with a Bridge camera, which also called as Ultra / Super zoom cameras. Compared to those Low light indoor photos are great in D5500. It can take amazingly bright pics without flash even when it's semi dark inside. But I don't think this DSLR with 50-3300 lens is no match for those new bridge cameras with 60x , 80x telephoto zooms. It's not fault of the camera. Just need a bigger more powerful and expensive lens. And a lens like that would cost more than 1500 usd.

So in basic if you are not hell bent of photography but low to take some serious pics then go for a Bridge camera like Nikon P900 which has a 85x optical zoom or more cheaper but older Canon SX60 which has a 65x optical zoom. Cameras like these would cost you between 400-650 usd. That's lot more than you would spend for an average point and shoot camera but lot less you would have to pay for DSLR lenses.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Good someone own a DSLR camera no need to read Facebook memes about DSLR
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

Well so far have enjoyed a lot using this Nikon D5500 Camera. It's unbelievably small and light weighted for a DSLR. Photos are very good compared to lenses I have but I really do need a 70-100 Lens. The used 55-300 lens I got with camera have several technical problems. This is the main problem with DSLR cameras. You might get camera for cheap but all the accessories going to cost more than 3 times the value of camera, or more. I think it will cost be at least 300 usd to get a new lens. Not sure if I should go for a used one.

Anyway you don't need a DSLR camera if you need higher resolution photos. These days Bridge cameras are so amazingly powerful. A very good example is new Nikon P1000 camera.

(10-29-2018, 04:33 PM)xdude Wrote: Anyway you don't need a DSLR camera if you need higher resolution photos. These days Bridge cameras are so amazingly powerful. A very good example is new Nikon P1000 camera.
True.  I've got one of those very small Canon Powershot X17 zoom pocket cameras and they do fine.  But I guess the DSLR is more powerful in other ways - maybe sharper contrast and focus.  I've had this little camera since 2012, and it still feels as though there is no need to upgrade it.  Very easy to use and easy to stick in a pocket.

This weekend I went to a camera shop that is doing ID and passport photos - a professional studio.  He used the same camera as I have except more up to date!  Haha ....  any way, fortunately I knew how high resolution those Canon's can be.  He then used Photoshop to get rid of shadows.  End product was excellent.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I dont have any because i dont get to much to photography i rarely capture photo but for people that do a lot dslr camera offer much better quality than smartphone camera mostly because it uses larger sensor so it can capture more light also the bokeh effect that everyone is going crazy about it
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(11-02-2018, 11:55 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: I dont have any because i dont get to much to photography i rarely capture photo but for people that do a lot dslr camera offer much better quality than smartphone camera mostly because it uses larger sensor so it can capture more light also the bokeh effect that everyone is going crazy about it

I think I learned the value of such a camera today.  My sister presented a little concert in-house where the lighting was very poor.  My small Canon PowerShot doesn't have the capability for improving the lighting.  Flash is very poor.  It's very good in outside light, but indoor - depending on how the indoor lighting is - there's a good chance it won't be good.  A DSLR would probably have been better in this case.
Terminal
@deanhills

Yeah these days even phone cameras can take seriously sharp photos. Latest point and shoot cameras can do nearly professional level photos. There are new bridge cameras like Nikon P1000 which can do even better than a entry level DSLR. Only downside is these high end compact cameras can be more expensive than DSLR cameras!

Now I can safely say that moving to a DSLR from point and shoot is like moving to pilot a helicopter from auto gear car. It's so easy to take photos in Auto mode since all you have to do it point and press the button. Camera take care of the rest like photography basics and everything. Fortunately these days DSLR cameras do have a auto mode too. I'm still struggling to master all of options like Aperture priority and shutter priority.

(11-08-2018, 09:18 AM)xdude Wrote: @deanhills

I'm still struggling to master all of options like Aperture priority and shutter priority.

WOW!  that takes me years back with my first Canon that used to be HUGE and HEAVY - with lenses and very heavy to cart around in a good sized camera bag.  That feels like ages ago.  Lots of hard work and I think I've forgotten all of what I learned.  I'm now just aiming and shooting with my small automatic Canon - but unfortunately two Saturdays ago when I did that during my sister's concert I messed up as the point and shoot didn't go completely right with the low light.  Someone else fortunately was there though with a professional camera (not sure what it was) with a solid flash light - and real photo skills.  Guess there's still a place for professional cameras.  Or who knows, if I had one of those new phones it would have worked.  Some of the members in the audience were recording the concert with their phones.  So wonder what the end product would have looked like in the low light.  Do you know of phones that can work its way around low light?  That are good with low light?  Like automatically adjusts to extremes in lighting?
Terminal
@deanhills

Here we were talking about how cool these point and shoot cameras. You just got a point where it's not so cool. Low Light shootings is one of the biggest problems with compact cameras. Mainly because these small cameras have smaller sensors so those able to collect less details. DSLR cameras have quite lard CMOS censors so those do better. For example in august I went to this ancient rock temple. Very little light my friends bridge cameras was producing terrible photos. But my DSLR was doing brilliantly bright photos without even flash. Of course I took pics on Auto letting camera to take care of everything.

Low Light is always a problem even for DSLR. Like dim light indoor photos always get grainy. Professional photographers use those reflector boards and big light sets. As for phones now there are LED usb light sets for better lighting. I think you can buy one for about 5 usd from ebay.

(11-09-2018, 01:53 PM)xdude Wrote: Low Light is always a problem even for DSLR. Like dim light indoor photos always get grainy. Professional photographers use those reflector boards and big light sets. As for phones now there are LED usb light sets for better lighting. I think you can buy one for about 5 usd from ebay.

That's exactly what happened to my photos.  They became grainy.  I'll watch out for LED usb light sets next time.  Last time my sister had an event for her little school it was athletics outside with lots of sunshine and space.  I felt so good about those photos and sang praises for my little Canon.  Also when it's outside it just feels more creative.  I composed much better shots - got the right ones.  Like I felt like a super photographer. Wink 

Then with indoor even my composed shots were off kilter.  Felt as though I didn't have control over the compositions.  Real bad photographer.  They all got canned in the end.
Terminal

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting