arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you into Reading Books ?
Anyway here love readings and many buying books? Reading is one of my long term hobbies. I love reading anything. Not just novels but historical stuff, Mysteries, philosophy, etc. I have always dreamed to have my own Library. Now I have a big enough book collection for that and all I need is a big room and enough cupboards for books. I like to collect interesting books. Especially those hardcover editions.
Anyone Here love reading books or collecting books ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

i love reading books a lot. it has been the best thing that happened to me ever and keeps happening. Whenever i go without reading books for a few weeks, i get restless and worried that whether I am going to find anything new and interesting or if it was time i revisited this book or that one once more. But books, awesome and engaging books. they keep coming.
I do not read novels or non-fictions that much any more. it is just the same and same again and again. we have our problems and dreams and hopes and failures etc etc and lots of it are dependent on us being human. the kind of animal that we are.

true problems are those which will remain even if we had no hunger or pain or fear or whatever animalistic urge is troubling us right now. they are of metaphysical / philosophical kind.

why ? how ? etc

I am more interested in those.

i read some really good scifi or fantasy sometimes. Last being the culture series novels by lain m banks. Speculating on how our society might turn out to be like once we have reached and went into post scarcity age.

What will still be there to drive us and what we could do about it etc etc. very far fetched speculative writings. but matches my train of thought. i used to think that i was thinking this all by myself for the first time. then these books happened. haha. awesome.

Nowadays i mostly read quora and medium articles on science topics i like. i also follow some online blogs and sites for the same. almost all of my time for leisurely reading goes into this.

thanks for asking.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Speaking of books - I'm there. I love reading books. I don't choose any specific genre. I read whatever I can get hold of. In fact, reading books is the best pastime for me.

On one end is reading online articles, and such other subscriptions as @rudra says, but I've still preserved the habit of reading books.

To be specific, my tastes vary but essentially is prefer the genres as adventure, thrill and mystery. Ate up the whole Nancy Drew series in class 9. Finished 'To Sir, With Love' last year and such others. Presently into more philosophical ones, like 'The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari'. Indeed great book by Robin Sharma. And a must read for resource hungry people.

I've also a huge collection of books at home. They're all stored in a carton box as I've no space to keep a cupboard in the limited space in my house.

Anyways @xdude, thanks for bringing this up. We'd been completely missing on this topic till date. Thanks for reminding! Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I read lot of books as in terms of Japanese Light Novels. Think of them as books with anime in it. Most of the anime are adapted from it. But for a long time now I been not reading as much since its cookie cutter same formula that makes it boring. I am open to different stuff like that day I read Dungeon Defense, which is pretty good and different in terms on not being on the same spectrum as other ones.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
@sohamb03

yes. i forgot about detective series. I love books by sir arthur conan doyle .. yes, sherlock holmes series. I also love Agatha Cristi a lot { please pardon my spellings.. i am no good there }.

adventure, mystery and historical ones are good. very good. but i try to dissuade myself. We only got 24 hours in a day ..

One kind of book i cant stand at all is the self-help genre. Arrrrgh..

Only two things , if adhered to, can solve most of our problems. Do now and don't be a pleasure seeker. thats all self-help anyone needs. Talk to me when you have become masters of following these two.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I love reading books. But recently I seldom read physical books, because I prefer reading e-books, in pdf format for example.

Actually I like reading, and I read a lot everyday. Most of them are online materials though.

Reading books is one of my favorite things for a rainy day. Nothing else makes me feel happy and relaxing like that. I used to love reading 19th and early 20th-century children's novels. Authors like Enid Blyton ( Famous Five, Secret Seven, St. Clare's, Five Find-Outers ), Arthur Ransome (Swallows and Amazons series), Mark Twain (The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn), Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables) and other books like Treasure Island, The Children of the New Forest, Robinson Crusoe etc.

Stories of these books are amazing but what fascinated me the most was all those stuff I could learn about Life Style, culture and societies of those days. I got curious and search Google about these authors checking what I haven't read. Looks like there are some books which I haven't found those days. Maybe I will search for e-book copies of those.

Im not a big fan of e-books but this is one of those times Im so glad about the internet and e-books. Smile

I am not a big fan of reading boring books but i do read some army man stories books.
I am also reading some books of history but its in pdf format and i am reading it from my mobile/pc not sure if it counts
The very ink with which all history is written is merely fluid prejudice.
- Following the Equator

that is what Mark Twain said on historical accounts and we all know it is true. the things we read in history books as happened didn't happen that way exactly and the chain of events and influences were surely much more complex too. We can't even know all the angles of current news, let alone history and analysing it's cause and effect. hehehe

Anyways, Mark Twain... yes. his books are awesome. i also read some by Jack London, Frederick Forsyth, Daniel Defoe, jules Verne, r l Stevenson, Jonathan swift, Rudyard Kipling, Edgar Allan Poe, Lewis Carroll, h g Wells, Tonni Morrison etc.

one very important mention here.

i read English translations of Arkady Gaidar books. such awesome stories with impressive dreamscape like pictures.

the blue cup
timur and friends.

i read a some translated raduga and mir publisher books.

you can still find them scanned in pdf over at archive.org
copyright free.

here is one for your pleasure if your wish..

https://archive.org/details/TheBlueCup
Yes. But the Authors often mess with characters and the story. Other things usually stay intact. Like Social Life, Fashion and things like those. Authors can make a real villain into a mythical hero. I mean even in Real historical events. A good example is Alexander the Great. He made sure his story is written gloriously making him sounds like invincible. But what I like is we get to feel how things happened in those time periods.

Mark Twain's stories show how life was in the mid 19th century in America. Arthur Conan Doyle's stories show the same time period in UK. Then Agatha Christie's novels give us a description of the social lifestyle in the early 20th century.

Also one of my favorite Authors is H. Rider Haggard. His stories like King Solomon's Mines, Allan Quatermain, Queen Sheba's Ring etc. His stories make the lost world literary genre famous.

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting