arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you into Reading Books ?
The only time I read a book/novel was about 4-5 years ago , I never enjoyed reading books unless it had a lot of pictures lol . I have read only a few novels in my time not because i wanted to , but because i had to , I always felt bored after reading several , i guess i just never had a things for books.
There was only 1 Book I have ever enjoyed reading which was "The Book of Amazing Facts" , it was a huge book , i actually had reading facts , knowing more about things i never knew existed or were true.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
@GodLikeGill

If you prefer books with pictures then comic books are for you. I do love comics too but for me those lack details. That's why I prefer text novels. But I do like some comics like Asterix and Starwars. I think I have read nearly all Asterix comics out there. Those are really fun. I should find e-book copies of these. I think I mentioned before I prefer real books to e-books but cool thing about internet is you can find all those books which you would never found. Only problem is my Tab is broken so I need to read those in PC or Phone.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Read the book Interloper by Saki. He's is a British writer, whose original name is Hector Hugh Munro, who wrote under his pseudonym, Saki.

This book was written in the late 1910s. This book involves the rivalry between the von Gradwitzes and the Znaeyms, where we see how the ultimate reconcilation is too late. This book truly portrays the bitter consequences of holding grudges and their irrecoverable losses.

Overall it's a decent book. If recommend this book to everyone, who want to read short stories but at the same time, look for insight and deeper knowledge on a particular topic. I'd rate the book 8.5/10. This book is a must read, for all those bookworms like me. Wink

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Does a light novel count as a book?
If yes, I am currently reading the light novel called "Solo leveling", by a korean author. It got a webtoon publishing and maybe an animation on the future.

I am reading a un-official translation but I got almost every part right.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I used to be a book worm for many years until 2008 when I started my Forum activities as well as hosting hobby, and then eventually stopped reading at all.  My interest at the time was crime thrillers mostly.  Then about three months ago my sister urged me to start reading again, and I started with Michael Connolly.  Reason being I'd seen the Bosch series, so I Googled all of his Bosch books and read them from the first to the last book.  Then after I went for other characters.  The one from Lincoln Lawyer and also a journalist McEnvoy and another lady cop Renee Ballard.  I'm now on my last book "The Scarecrow".  I've been impressed with almost all of his books, since they had so much integrity, except the last one - 2019 - "The Night Fire" - which I'm almost convinced he had used a ghost writer to write.  It was almost a template of the previous book of a year ago.  Anyway, think my book worm days are slowly taking over again.  I now need to explore other authors as well.  Mostly I like a good plot to keep me guessing.  Connolly was quite good with twists in the tail of books. He is also excellent with creating characters.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills

When you said The Scarecrow, This remind me another action-thriller novel written by Matthew Reilly. Now if you like Thriller novel you need to find the books of this series. There are 5 books in this series, Area 7, Ice Station, Scarecrow, Scarecrow Returns, Hell Island. When it comes to Action-Thriller novels there are nothing better than these. You simply can't put down the book. Recently I found e-books of these so I got to read again.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I used to be a book reader a few years ago(mainly before grade 9 begun), I enjoyed many series but mostly fictional ones. (The Power of Five by Anthony Horowitz), and there was another series which also has their own Netflix season now called A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I enjoyed both of these alot and the season on Netflix isn't the best in terms of CGI but I really enjoyed watching it as well.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(01-27-2020, 06:27 PM)xdude Wrote: @deanhills

When you said The Scarecrow, This remind me another action-thriller novel written by Matthew Reilly. Now if you like Thriller novel you need to find the books of this series. There are 5 books in this series, Area 7, Ice Station, Scarecrow, Scarecrow Returns, Hell Island. When it comes to Action-Thriller novels there are nothing better than these. You simply can't put down the book. Recently I found e-books of these so I got to read again.
Thanks for the suggestion @xdude. Particularly when I've been running out of Michael Connolly books. I'll definitely check this out at the swop shop next time I'm there. The Scarecrow book was excellent. I've got one more chapter to read. Definitely one of Michael Connolly's best books.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
to be honest, i hate reading books, for me it is a very hard task to read the books. In old school days i have read two historical books. A book about the Muslim Hind Kings, and a book about the Bill Gates. In those days the book about Mughal Kings was very interesting for me.It took about 7 weeks but it made me to wish to get back to the old times.
and the second book about Bill Gates decreased my interest for reading books.That was a very boring book.
Today i wish, i could read some historic books but current study and lack of time is causing me not to read books. We can now read everything on internet but reading books make us feels happy and good.
I wish, i could be back to my old days Dodgy

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting