arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attendance taking using bar-code or QR code?
I heard about something like using ATM-like strip card for taking pupil attendance. I would like to implement this in our tuition centre. I want to send the data to my web server from the card. What tools I may require?
Is there anyone here familiar with such cards?

Thank you  Sweet

That is mostly bar-code which is mostly used for attendance which is scanned by the bar code scanner. It is a whole system of attendance which organizations purchase for it. Some of the companies even design their own but that is such a long work.
Our school have it also, Its pretty much the standard here in college. You swipe your card into the system do anything (lunch, attendance, borrow book etc.) I think the school buy a custom system for doing this since you would need hardware + software to do this. I am not too sure about how it works in details
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I think I may buy a bio-metric system instead of a card-based system, Do anyone know a good device or brand which allows excel and wifi?

Thank you  Sweet

(10-27-2018, 04:04 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: I think I may buy a bio-metric system instead of a card-based system, Do anyone know a good device or brand which allows excel and wifi?

Depends on what your budget is, my school has MorphoAccess SIGMA fingerprint/face/NFC access systems, used to open doors, activate elevators, disable security. it looks like this:  [Image: saf2015_0163754_morphoaccess_sigma.jpg]
the website to research/buy it is here: https://www.morpho.com/en/biometric-term...gma-series

i was not sponsored to buy this, its just very good and seemed like a good option
Offical Account of FloatVPS
Game Servers, Virtual Private Servers, all for a low budget hoster/user!
http://floatvps.tk/
Our school implies something similar, we dont have any card system for entering/exiting, but for our teachers they have setup a face detection system so that no one can fake their attendance, if they were to apply something like this for the pupil, I reckon it'd take forever to take attendance for everyone.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-29-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Honey

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting