arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best IDE and Building Tool
Hello guys,
I am just messing with java nowadays and trying to create a few things and so far its going great but still i am confused about the IDE.
At the moment i am using netbeans so i would like to know which is the best IDE
TBH I like NetBeans very much. It was one of the first ones I used for Java. It has a great UI and is quite user-friendly. I'm sure you must be liking it. :-)

Another one which I'd recommend is Eclipse. Do check it out as well - https://www.eclipse.org/ide/ Would love to hear back on what you think. Myself giving you an extremely positive review as it's as good and possibly better than Eclipse. When you do really explore, you'll get to know that it has much more to offer as compared to is simplicity that is initially evident.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I guess the term Best depends on which language and how much work you done in the editor. These days I have been teaching my self Python. After testing several Python IDEs, I found out Sublime Text 3 is the best suited one for me. That's because I have yet to had a problem since I have started testing it. Smaller in side and doesn't take much resources ether. Since you use Java there are many. NetBeans is probably the most popular But I kinda felt like it's bit slow. But again I used Java long long time ago so Netbeans must have improved a lot.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(02-27-2020, 04:28 PM)xdude Wrote: I guess the term Best depends on which language and how much work you done in the editor. These days I have been teaching my self Python. After testing several Python IDEs, I found out Sublime Text 3 is the best suited one for me. That's because I have yet to had a problem since I have started testing it. Smaller in side and doesn't take much resources ether. Since you use Java there are many. NetBeans is probably the most popular But I kinda felt like it's bit slow. But again I used Java long long time ago so Netbeans must have improved a lot.
Slow in what way?
Since I have been using NetBeans from almost 2 months and I have experienced the slowness issue but i don't understand in what sense you just said but for me NetBeans gets stuck at some point if you are editing a file with more than 3k lines and NetBeans suggestions for improving code will usually keep loading.
I think that the most useful IDE for Java is IntelliJ. It support a lot of framework and it very extensible.
NetBeans was decent enought but when Apache got the ownership over it I saw a very slow development: netbeans was one of the faster IDE to release a version compatible with the latest java revisions but it is not like that anymore.

IntelliJ comes both free and commercial edition. You won't need commercial edition for the start level/common development. Maybe you could need the commercial one if you are doing enterprise programming.

Give it a try and let me know.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(02-27-2020, 04:51 PM)Decent12 Wrote: Slow in what way?
Since I have been using NetBeans from almost 2 months and I have experienced the slowness issue but i don't understand in what sense you just said but for me NetBeans gets stuck at some point if you are editing a file with more than 3k lines and NetBeans suggestions for improving code will usually keep loading.

I felt like it had slowed down the computer. Was taking lots of RAM for sure. Also it would take time to start. So I moved to other more lighter editors. Eclipse was working better for me. It was light, fast and worked well for coding.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(02-27-2020, 05:22 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I think that the most useful IDE for Java is IntelliJ. It support a lot of framework and it very extensible.
NetBeans was decent enought but when Apache got the ownership over it I saw a very slow development: netbeans was one of the faster IDE to release a version compatible with the latest java revisions but it is not like that anymore.

IntelliJ comes both free and commercial edition. You won't need commercial edition for the start level/common development. Maybe you could need the commercial one if you are doing enterprise programming.

Give it a try and let me know.
I just gave a try to IntelliJ after watching all of you opinion and used it almost a month but the thing i noticed in IntelliJ its fast but the error reporting is not good as netbeans i have made couple of mistakes while using IntelliJ it went un-noticed while if you do the same in netbeans it wont let you go forward unless you correct it.
(04-27-2020, 08:16 PM)Decent12 Wrote: I just gave a try to IntelliJ after watching all of you opinion and used it almost a month but the thing i noticed in IntelliJ its fast but the error reporting is not good as netbeans i have made couple of mistakes while using IntelliJ it went un-noticed while if  you do the same in netbeans it wont let you go forward unless you correct it.

I left NetBeans when it was released its 8 edition alongside Java 8, I know that Netbeans project has been given to Apache Foundation, so maybe they improved it? I don't remember such great experience with the old NetBeans. JetBrains' products are developed by developer for developer, they are nearly perfect, maybe you bad experience is due to a incomplete configuration/setup of the plugin environment.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
i used netbeans , intellij idea and eclipse . eclipse work better for me than netbeans . eclipse is used to be the way to create android app before they switch to intellij idea based android studio and ending all eclipse support . intellij idea or android studio is great for making android application but when i develop a java application i use eclipse . and both of them worked gret
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(04-28-2020, 11:44 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: i used netbeans , intellij idea and eclipse . eclipse work better for me than netbeans . eclipse is used to be the way to create android app before they switch to intellij idea based android studio and ending all eclipse support . intellij idea or android studio is great for making android application but when i develop a java application i use eclipse . and both of them worked gret
I didn't try eclipse till now due to people around me as they think eclipse is the work of devil but i have not used it myself maybe i give it a try i mean i had installed but from the look i didn't like and somewhat people opinions were in my mind so i just unistalled.
will give it a try
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting