Im going to give my review about VPS 6
1. Specs
Disk Space 40 GB

RAM: 2 GB RAM

IP Addresses: 1x IPv4

Virtualization: KVM

Monthly Traffic: 1 TB

Control Panel: None

Windows: Yes. With valid license - trial license not allowed.

Connection: 1 GBit/s

Notes: You can run Gameservers without any limits

Provided by: Bladenode

Terms: TOS

Requirements: Backlinks to bladenode and Post4VPS are required. And a sig backlink
2. Benchmark
Benchmark started on Wed Sep 18 05:56:40 EDT 2019
Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
-----------
Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
CPU Cores       : 1
Frequency       : 2925.998 MHz
Memory          : 1837 MB
Swap            : 510 MB
Uptime          : 1:26,

OS              : \S
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 3.10.0-1062.1.1.el7.x86_64
Hostname        : (removed)

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is (removed)

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        11.4MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          11.2MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       11.4MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       10.6MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       10.8MB/s
It took 20 mins and didn't complete Dodgy
2.1 Speedtest
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by CenturyLink (Las Vegas, NV) [6.08 km]: 46.517 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 4.47 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed................................................................................................
Upload: 80.87 Mbit/s
Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/8600238260.png
2.2 Storage
root@webcp ~]# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs        909M     0  909M   0% /dev
tmpfs           919M     0  919M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           919M  8.6M  911M   1% /run
tmpfs           919M     0  919M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/vda1        39G  4.3G   33G  12% /
tmpfs           184M     0  184M   0% /run/user/0
[root@webcp ~]#
3. Positive & Negative Votes
+ Storage is okay
- Connection speed is not 1Gbit/s i just download with 15 KB/s :/ my internet connection is better than that so i will wait for the support to gimme my full speed.
+ I recommend it for the people who will host a site or a game server on it
Note: I will update the post when the benchmark command ends and when i get my full speed
Wow! A good review indeed @youssefbasha. Hope you're enjoying the VPS except the connection died problem. ;-)

Regarding the non-completion of the speed test by @"Hidden Refuge"'s Benchmarking Script, I'm facing the same error as you're. A couple of days ago, I'd kept it on for 45 minutes and it didn't complete (after that the session timed out, don't exactly know why).

Also, there's one more thing. I see that in the OS, the script returns /S for you. It did the same for me you know, but my OS is CentOS 7. This was also unexpected as I saw others getting their OS through HR's script. Dunno why this occurred, maybe HR has to update some functions in his script perhaps?

@"Hidden Refuge" Any ideas on this?
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
(09-18-2019, 01:44 PM)sohamb03 Wrote: Wow! A good review indeed @youssefbasha. Hope you're enjoying the VPS except the connection died problem. ;-)

Regarding the non-completion of the speed test by @"Hidden Refuge"'s Benchmarking Script, I'm facing the same error as you're. A couple of days ago, I'd kept it on for 45 minutes and it didn't complete (after that the session timed out, don't exactly know why).

Also, there's one more thing. I see that in the OS, the script returns /S for you. It did the same for me you know, but my OS is CentOS 7. This was also unexpected as I saw others getting their OS through HR's script. Dunno why this occurred, maybe HR has to update some functions in his script perhaps?

@"Hidden Refuge" Any ideas on this?
xD
Just a note, im using CentOS 7 haha
Well, lemme try another benchmark script and will see if it works
The script is open source and not encrypted or similar. You can simply look at the source code to find out what exactly it does to get information and how it is processed (grep, find, etc...).

Anyway. The script needs very long and fails at WA speedtest because the Softlayer server at this location is down BUT still listed as an official server at Softlayer for speedtests and latency. So I guess it might come back online sooner or later?

There is nothing I can do about this unfortunately. I don't have access to my GitHub account anymore. Someone was so very clever there and decided to activate 2FA without letting me know or letting me decide when I logged in the first time after like a year of not using GitHub. TL;DR: I no longer have access to my GitHub account. I can't modify any of my repos.

As it stands no one ever really bothered to push fixes or open merge requests for improvements on the script. Most people if not all just forked it for themselves and applied the fixes or improvements there. No issue with that.

The speed of your VPS doesn't seem to be 1 Gbit/s but Speedtest.net tests show something around 100 Mbit/s. Especially the Cachefly and the first other location speedtests suggest a 100 Mbit/s speed with a max of 11.4 MB/s of real usable speed (that's about the max you can get with a 100 Mbit/s connection).

Other than that there seem to be some weirdness in the network with even lower speeds to close locations. Maybe bad peering, overfilled node? Who knows. I have no idea and there is nothing I can do.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
@"Hidden Refuge" There's definitely something you can do. Thank God this happened with me so I can make a suggestion. About a month ago, I tried to open my GitHub account probably after 8 months of inactivity. It had an old phone number linked with it as 2FA. That's was my mom's and no longer exists. Now I was struck with that. I needed to login bcoz if my Student Developer Pack.

So here's what I did - I filled in the contact form to get in touch with the GitHub team at https://github.com/contact. Be sure to fill in your registered email ID there. They contacted me the very next day and after confirming my email ID, they added my PC to the list of verified devices manually and then I was able to login and change my 2FA number.

I'm sure this will work for you as this did for me. I understand how important your respositories are for you. Be sure to try this. GitHub team will definitely help you out. Best of luck!
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
The review is nicely written, the download speed looks a bit too slow(for a 1 Gbit connection), but the rest of the stuff is decent!
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(09-18-2019, 04:37 PM)Honey Wrote: .... the download speed looks a bit too slow(for a 1 Gbit connection), but the rest of the stuff is decent!

This is not a 1Gbit connection. The connection speed should just be 100 Mbps. Because the network speed is capped at 11.4MB/s even for cachefly.

But overall, I think the VPS 6 should still be good enough for running game servers on it.

@youssefbasha i dont think you should have reviewed VPS with this speed since its totally not ok, probably there are some problems with VPS provider which can be fixed by opening a support thread.
(09-19-2019, 11:21 AM)Decent12 Wrote: @youssefbasha i dont think you should have reviewed VPS with this speed since its totally not ok, probably there are some problems with VPS provider which can be fixed by opening a support thread.
Well
Its the hosting provider problem
When they fix the problem I will update the thread with the new speed and also will thank them for the support.
Nice review of VPS 6. But the speed is indeed very slow. Have tried other locations too?
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting