arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPU temperature going crazy.
Hello everyone,
i would like to share with you something. i am soon 18 years old and this is my last year at school. for the last months i have volunteered in my school to fix computers and take care of hardware and tech issues.
today i have faced a problem which does not make any sense no matter how much i have tried to fix it. i have got a computer with a temperature issue. every time you turn on the pc. the cpu temperature going to 70. when you enter a game or something like  that. the temperature going to 100-107. i have cleaned the computer completely. replaced the cpu thermal paste. and formatted the pc. i have entered BIOS to check temperature and i saw it is on 93. the cpu is not old enough to stop work and i think it is i5-3470 intel. when the pc showed that the temperature is high. the pc didnt even felt like it is hot or something. that is what confusing me the most. also when programs are being used. the cpu usage jumps to 100 and the computer getting really stuck. do you think is there anything else to do?
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
Problems with the mainboard sensors for temperature reading? That could explain wrong(?) temperature values.

Have you verified that the cooler is installed properly and actually working?

How are you reading the temperature values? I saw you mentioned BIOS. Did you also use software like HWMonitor inside the OS to get temperatures?
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(10-18-2020, 02:39 PM)OldMeister Wrote: ....... also when programs are being used. the cpu usage jumps to 100 and the computer getting really stuck. do you think is there anything else to do?

I suppose it was the cpu 100% usage causing that high temperature issue.

Just open the task manager, check which program inducing the high cpu usage, and then stop that program.

It should help fix the temperature issue. Smile

@tryp4vps
i have already tried that mate. but the temperature is always high. even when the cpu usage is low. i have opened the task manager to see what is making the cpu jump to 100% but the only thing i have seen is that the programs i am opening (which should not take much cpu usage) is taking 50% or even more of the cpu usage.
@hidden refuge yes that was the other thing i have thought after i have changed the cpu thermal paste. i have made sure the cooler is connected properly and everything is working well. but my guess is maybe the computer shows the temperature is high when it is not and it causing the system to go crazy and stuck.
I'm no expert here @OldMeister, but have you checked the BIOS settings for overclocking? To stop it? As overclocking could also generate heat.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
That's... actually right. i have not thought that a school computer would be overclocked. its now 17:56 i will go later to school and will update you if the pc was overclocked. but in my opinion if it was overclocked then the temperature would not be high even when i turn on the computer and going to bios without booting it up. will edit this reply soon with an answer.
EDIT:
i have checked if the pc is overclocked and no it was fine.
FIrstly if possible, try checking all the fans in the PC Case to make sure the airflow is adequate. Once that is ensured, try replacing the cpu cooler with another one if you can, that should help rule out any airflow suspicions. If the problem persists, try switching the cpu from that PC to some other PC if u have a compatible motherboard, that should help you know if the chip itself is faulty with sensors or not.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
@Honey
Thanks for your respond mate. the airflow is fine and i have made sure of that also. i even cleaned up the pc from any dust and it looks new. i have a question for you since i have not understood your answer about the cpu cooler. first of all i have replaced the cpu thermal paste and made sure it is all good. the cpu cooler is working just fine. so if im seeing that the cpu cooler is working, why to switch to another cpu cooler?
the fan cooler is spinning and working so i am not sure that is the problem... can you explain more about that?

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting