arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we use VPN on free virtual servers?
[Image: tqob_157071805.jpg]
Hello . As the title suggests. I want to use VPN on my virtual server (virtual server number 2) to hide the IP of the virtual server. Is this allowed? Doesn't this affect the IP of the virtual server? Like block ip from the data center ...
If I misspelled a word, please forgive me because I enter post4vps with my phone.
Thanks Post4VPS
I previously use openVPN on my container and it's work awesome and secure too. a config file and a openvpn windows operating software you use and all set to your VPS IP.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
As long as you don't break the rules made by the VPS provider!
Creating a VPN Server is a safe thing!
When using a VPN Server from your Free VPS, you must not do things that should not be done on your VPS! Like doing DDOS for example!

Btw, OpenVPN is the best software for VPN Server!
Terminal
Solo Developer
chanalku91 Wrote:As long as you don't break the rules made by the VPS provider!
Creating a VPN Server is a safe thing!
When using a VPN Server from your Free VPS, you must not do things that should not be done on your VPS! Like doing DDOS for example!

Btw, OpenVPN is the best software for VPN Server!

No bro i dont want to create and run vpn server on free vpss...You're wrong. We can't create a free Vpn server on virtual servers.
Thanks Post4VPS
Shadow Hosting? Only for private use. We get one copyright download/abuse complaint, we suspect. It's simple. Use it for a good purpose and you can enjoy it! Use it for downloading bad stuff, you get banned.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
When I saw this post, I held back and waited with my answer. Basically, I was right. Hardly anyone understood exactly what you wanted to do. The essential answer to your question is: yes, it is possible. However, it is not for an inexperienced novice like you are.

For such a project you need extensive understanding and knowledge of network technology, VPN, routing and firewall. Furthermore, it must also be allowed and fully supported by the VPN provider. You need a dedicated IP address from the VPN provider and complete configuration options for port forwarding at the VPN level and on your VPS. With an own VPN server on another server a problem would be solved, but at the same time another problem would have been added. It increases the level of difficulty. You have to install and configure the VPN server yourself. Furthermore, create the necessary routing & firewall rules on both sides (VPN Server - VPS).

Please don't be offended. I think this path is not for you. It would be easier and cheaper to get a VPS with DDoS protection. In addition, please do not ask me any further about this topic. I only read about it theoretically, but never practiced or saw it in practice. I played with it several times in my mind. But without a real benefit for me there is no reason to chase this idea. I personally only have a VPS and there I only operate a few small things that do not need something like that.

For any other participant in this conversation. The idea behind this is that the VPN server serves as protection for the VPS behind it. Every access to the VPS (with exceptions) is mainly done via the VPN server, which offers itself as a front end on the Internet. Visitors basically don't know that they are accessing the actual VPS through a VPN. The visitors access the IP of the VPN server. The requests on certain ports are forwarded internally to the VPS (VPN tunnel between VPS and VPN server). Therefore, advanced knowledge and experience are required, because port forwarding and so on must be configured correctly. In addition, the firewall on both sides must also be configured correctly and carefully so that leaks can be prevented (with exceptions).

Using a VPN for this is not the usual approach. A more common and widely used method is a GRE tunnel.

GRE Tunnel:
- https://www.imperva.com/blog/what-is-gre-tunnel/
- https://community.hetzner.com/tutorials/...gre-tunnel

This is also not as easy as it looks. Please be careful.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Excellent !! it can be done using HE GRE tunnel.

I have experimented on this on a lot of different platforms. I even tried to use the firewall on Android phones and configure anyway I liked needed wanted. ( though the problem there is the triggers.. like disconnection or network change tend to ruin all the custom settings and reset the whole thing, requiring a reapplication).

I also did a reverse tethering totally manually.

one can route packets through tor or using vpn to control entry and access. but the issue is the increasing latency. another issue is robustness / fault tolerance.

also it will become hard to start conversations when you want it to start from an incoming request. BGP is better there. or you will have to assign ports on the alternate/ vpn gateway ip for this incoming purpose, if it is a shared ip (on that vps/system). i have seen port multiplexers working for specific ports used to server multiple processes. i dunno if someone can device an ip multiplexer where you can access a background machine directly when you perform some magic ritual on that ip or otherwise you access the front machine. hahah
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-29-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting