arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome advert frustration! Chrome alternatives?
(06-21-2021, 04:38 PM)debjit Wrote: Ok so I am not against the ads but sometimes it seems YT videos are full of so many ads and they are unbearable. The sound is so high they really hurt my ears. I use Ads Blocker Pro and pi-hole to block ads at dns level. It's going fine for now.

Good point. I'd say the greater portion of my grievances is in blog articles or posts when ads are interleaved with the text, so one is challenged to distinguish between text and ads. Annoyingly so, and even worse, when there are links, and you by accident click on an ad link instead of a link in text and you are taken out of the article having to navigate back. For me there has to be rules against this. It's almost like force feeding the ads, not only rubbing it under one's nose, but pushing it down one's throat very aggressively.

Already reading through blog articles take some effort, now one has to contend with ducking ads and ad links as well. Some ads aren't even properly equipped with an "x" so one can easily turn them off. I'm sure deliberately so. With SEO maybe it's become an art of how to push ads so the reader is "tricked" not to miss them. And to be honest, it's a losing effort, as I'd far more likely check out an ad that is neatly done in the right hand bar of the Website page, than have to fight the ads while trying to read the content of the page. I'm so side tracted by how annoying they are, I don't even take notice of what they're about. And in certain circumstances, if I'm not intensely interested in the article, I'll just give up on reading the content of the article. And click away.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LightDestory
04-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting