arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome and Edge or Firefox?
Hello friends,
                       I am facing some problems in using microsoft edge and google chrome as well. Both of these browsers are showing most of the websites un-secure and sometime load broken webpages. When i load those pages in firefox it works well. Now i am confused that which is true? Firefox or Chrome and Edge?

Here are some webpages those google and edge shows un-secure while firefox shows secure

https://www.hostinger.com/
https://www.simplemachines.org/

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Both of these websites show up as "Secure" for me. I'm on mobile and using Chrome.

It's weird that Chrome and Edge flag a website as insecure when Firefox shows it's secure. Generally, I'd have recommended checking your system clock, but that isn't quite applicable in your case as you've another browser opposing.

I dunno, well, this is a very lame advice, but try flushing your DNS and check if it gets fixed or not. (After clearing cache completely)

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome rely the Windows network proxy settings while Firefox has its own dedicated proxy settings. Check if you have a proxy enabled in Windows and make sure to disable proxy auto configuration.

A additional difference is that both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome rely on the Windows certificate storage for SSL certificates and etc. while Firefox again has its own inbuild certificate storage. Not sure what to do about that but what if your Windows certificate storage is broken or something like that.

Do you have some kind of antivirus software that also has web plugins or similar? Turn off that kind of feature.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(04-14-2020, 05:23 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome rely the Windows network proxy settings while Firefox has its own dedicated proxy settings. Check if you have a proxy enabled in Windows and make sure to disable proxy auto configuration.

A additional difference is that both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome rely on the Windows certificate storage for SSL certificates and etc. while Firefox again has its own inbuild certificate storage. Not sure what to do about that but what if your Windows certificate storage is broken or something like that.

Do you have some kind of antivirus software that also has web plugins or similar? Turn off that kind of feature.

I am using Windows 7 Professional without any antivirus. I don't know what is problem. It is a fresh installed windows. What can i do? Do i try finding something in Windows Firewall and Security management? 
I want to use windows 10 but those automatic updates. Dodgy

(04-14-2020, 05:23 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Both of these websites show up as "Secure" for me. I'm on mobile and using Chrome.

It's weird that Chrome and Edge flag a website as insecure when Firefox shows it's secure. Generally, I'd have recommended checking your system clock, but that isn't quite applicable in your case as you've another browser opposing.

I dunno, well, this is a very lame advice, but try flushing your DNS and check if it gets fixed or not. (After clearing cache completely)

Regards,

Soham i have tried clearing cache and re-installing windows and browser but still it is showing un-secure.

(04-14-2020, 05:17 AM)Rehan Wrote: I am facing some problems in using microsoft edge and google chrome as well. Both of these browsers are showing most of the websites un-secure and sometime load broken webpages. When i load those pages in firefox it works well. Now i am confused that which is true? Firefox or Chrome and Edge?
(...)

The crucial information is in your second post, ie:

(04-14-2020, 05:36 AM)Rehan Wrote: I am using Windows 7 Professional without any antivirus. I don't know what is problem. It is a fresh installed windows. What can i do? Do i try finding something in Windows Firewall and Security management?
I want to use windows 10 but those automatic updates. -_-

That means the Trusted Root Certificates are obsoletes, given that your system is obsolete and that Chrome and its clone(/Edge) rely on it on Windows for validating certificates.

You should try using another OS, preferably Linux-based, or just stick to Firefox; it's the better one of the three anyway!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
@Rehan

Quote:A additional difference is that both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome rely on the Windows certificate storage for SSL certificates and etc. while Firefox again has its own inbuild certificate storage. Not sure what to do about that but what if your Windows certificate storage is broken or something like that.

That is your issue. See the post by @fChk --> https://post4vps.com/Thread-Chrome-and-E...9#pid35259

The Windows certificate storage is out of date. Hence why some sites appear as insecure and others not. Firefox works fine because it has its own certificate storage that gets updated with Firefox updates.
Alright, thanks for the information i will give an other try to windows 10. I always trust google products. So for google chrome i will give a try to windows 10. But i will still try to find a solution for this in windows 7. It was working well before the last time OS installation.
Thanks @Hidden Refuge and @fChk

Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. No more Windows updates for Windows 7 that could fix this issue(s). A normal user at home shouldn't use Windows 7 anymore if you really value security. Privacy with Windows is another thing... regardless of Windows Version. If you want privacy go for Linux.
@'Hidden Refuge', let me try!..

(04-14-2020, 11:17 AM)Rehan Wrote: Alright, thanks for the information i will give an other try to windows 10. I always trust google products. So for google chrome i will give a try to windows 10. But i will still try to find a solution for this in windows 7. It was working well before the last time OS installation.
Thanks @Hidden Refuge and @fChk

This is a good opportunity to expand a bit on this topic; so what follows is a general statement for anybody else who desperately tries to cling to the Once great OS, ie Win7.

Windows 7 was a great OS that's why I parted ways with M$$ the day it became EOL. Any attempt to still use it is backward at best and self-sabotaging at worst. The technology has evolved and the more time passes the more Win7 (unfortunately) becomes IRRELEVANT! And there is nothing we can do about it, it was M$$'s decision to kill it.

I'm aware that there was a demand from various group for M$$ to release its code source to allow it to become a community project, but -to no one's surprise really- M$$ declined.

The result is what @Rehan (and many others like him who don't won't to let it go) is experiencing.. ie, an increasing difficulty to make things run smoothly on it -as it was once capable of. And a mere obsolescence of the 'Trusted Root Certificates' bared 2 notorious browsers from working as they should!..

My advice, just give up!.. It doesn't worth it!

And please, don't go for Win10; if you do, M$$ will OWN you and and your machine !

Freedom is on the other side...... Richard Stallman's side I mean.

Now, I should say that everyone is entitled to shoot himself in the foot, if he pleases :-)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(04-14-2020, 01:52 PM)fChk Wrote: My advice, just give up!.. It doesn't worth it!

And please, don't go for Win10; if you do, M$$ will OWN you and and your machine !

Freedom is on the other side...... Richard Stallman's side I mean.

Now, I should say that everyone is entitled to shoot himself in the foot, if he pleases :-)

OK, now this is interesting @fChk. If we have to give up on Windows 7 and not go for Windows 10, what is your suggestion for a Windows 7 alternative?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LightDestory

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting