arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] 55th Giveaway
(04-05-2020, 04:48 PM)deanhills Wrote: My sincere apology @Khadeer143.  I made a mistake.  VPS 10 has 512 MB RAM with vSwap 1024.  BUT it does perform very fast.  Maybe you could test it and let us know how it performs for games server.

512mb ram will not enough for game servers if I run 1 server the ram will be overloaded so I switch my application also xD
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(04-05-2020, 05:05 PM)Khadeer143 Wrote: 512mb ram will not enough for game servers if I run 1 server the ram will be overloaded so I switch my application also xD

Speaking with that low of RAM. I’ve had issues with the OS itself using a full 1GB RAM on my raspberry pis just sitting there idle. And this is with a clean installation, so nothing would be running apart from whats there out of the box.

So I assume the VPSs which run much heavier OSs would be very limited considering that you won’t have much room to work with due to the very limited amount of RAM that you have. 

So I don’t see how VPS 10 could possibly be used for game servers. It might be just fine with simple scripts though.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(04-05-2020, 12:22 AM)deanhills Wrote: For those who are applying for a VPS.  If you applied for VPS 9 there may be a good chance you won't get it as there were a few applications for it, and only one applicant can get it.  

I've just checked VPS 10 with Evolution Host.  Looks as though it has upgraded its VPSs to 1GB RAM instead of 512MB previously mentioned. The hard disk space is 50GB as before. It's a KVM VPS with location in France.  The little bit I tested it it works remarkably fast. VPS 10 comes with its own Virtualizor Panel.  There are two VPSs in stock and both are currently unused.

My suggestion for those who applied for VPS 9 is to add a second choice in your application.  There are a few other VPSs to choose from, but from the discussion in the Forum about Evolution Host, particularly with reference to games server, looks as though it may be a good second choice to make if you applied for VPS 9.   If you're not using the VPS for Games, VPS 1 is also a good second choice.  

VPS 10 is also an excellent first choice for those who are considering to apply for a VPS.

Please note the Giveaway will close at end of today - 5th of April GMT time.
Ho ray finally i'm upgrade has come to some VPS's, for those who like run game servers VPS 10 its your chose after this upgrade. is there is an issue with the giveaway close time ? its GMT 10:00 PM the 5th of April or i'm wrong ? i have waited too much for this opportunity 
timezone issue ? or nope because here in Tunisia GMT+1 its 00:06 the 6 of April.
Watch this beauty till the end..

(04-05-2020, 10:06 PM)Melvin Wrote: Ho ray finally i'm upgrade has come to some VPS's, for those who like run game servers VPS 10 its your chose after this upgrade. is there is an issue with the giveaway close time ? its GMT 10:00 PM the 5th of April or i'm wrong ? i have waited too much for this opportunity 
timezone issue ? or nope because here in Tunisia GMT+1 its 00:06 the 6 of April.

Actually Dean made mistake when he told us about VPS 10 upgrade from 512MB to 1GB RAM, Melvin.
There is no upgrade from Evolution Host, so it's still 512MB RAM. As ex-user of Evolution Host, I wouldn't recommend VPS 10 for game server actually. When I was using VPS 10 and running a web server, teamspeak server, and teamspeak bot (that time still use teamspeak, not discord as right now), the RAM usage get high and server start lagging. So I wouldn't recommend VPS 10 for gameserver.

Anyway, it's already 6 April 01:03 GMT actually, but let's see when will Dean online. He might be sleeping as right now it's 03:03 in South Africa.

Edit: Just saw Dean in online list. Such a nice person to keep everything in time while it's midnight there. Thank you Dean!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Congratulations to the following winners of post4vps's 55th Giveaway:

VPS 1 - @OldMeister
VPS 3 - @Khadeer143
VPS 8 - @tiwil
VPS 9 - @fChk

The VPSs will be issued during the course of today.

There were members who applied for VPS 9 without a second option.  I wish there were more VPS 9 to give to you, but unfortunately there was only one VPS 9 to give.  This was the first time that staff had to put their heads together as the competition was very close, but in the end the justification for use of VPS 9 from @fChk was the better one by far.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (4):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting